• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Comments I Got From A Good Friend "non-believer"

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've shared with immediate family and close friends, (Geez it's sounding like I'm telling someone I'm going to convert), about my future travel mode. Share with everybody else by passing stuff I see along to FaceBook. I know, that first year of ownership, when I'm the only one in town, I'll never be home just out cruising the strip in my Elio! But I digress. Mary, dear Mary, friends for ages, she's a gal pal who is near and dear. She is shall we say a robust girl. She keeps asking about a big girl back seat extractor. Gotta love her, I think she will fit with room to spare, just the transit into and out of may have it's own special drama. I'll try to remember to film and share when it happens.

On the up side, being a fellow Floridian, you will have to appreciate how well that 1 gallon washer fluid bottle will dispense with those seasonal Love Bugs, you so proudly display in your icon. In addition, half the vehicle to clean them off of, is also going to be a plus

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors' $6,800, 84-MPG Vehicle Promises to Ease Pain at the Pump
Elio Motors Set to Regain Market Share for American-Made, Fuel-Efficient Vehicles While Easing Pain at the Pump
  • button1-email.gif
gI_85678_Paul%20Elio.png

Elio Motors CEO Paul Elio poses next to vehicle

release-topquote.gif
Consumers are looking for more control in their lives and driving a vehicle with ultra-high fuel efficiency and low cost helps insulate them from the volatility they face at the pump. Elio is creating an entirely new vehicle class to meet this demand.
release-bottomquote.gif

Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) August 06, 2014

The majority of highly fuel efficient vehicles on the road today come from import brands, but that’s a trend Paul Elio, CEO of Elio Motors, hopes to reverse when he launches an American-made vehicle in 2015 that will get 84 MPG and retail for $6,800.

According to Experian Automotive’s AutoCount Vehicles In OperationSM (VIO) database, the number of economy cars from domestic manufacturers has dropped in the past two years. In Q1 2012, there were 10.4 million economy cars in operation from domestic manufacturers. In Q1 2014, that number dropped to 9.9 million. By contrast, import brands accounted for 11.9 million economy cars in Q1 2012 and 12.8 million economy cars in Q1 2014.

With gas prices hovering around $4 per gallon, it is more important than ever for domestic manufacturers to make a profitable, fuel efficient vehicle. Fortunately, help is on the way from Elio Motors. The company’s prototype vehicle is currently on a 33-city nationwide tour and it has clearly struck a chord with consumers, who are weary of high gas prices and fearful of global political issues that could keep the fuel market volatile in the coming months. Nearly 25,000 people have already made reservations to get a place in line to purchase an Elio.

“Every day, people turn on the news and see turmoil in the Middle East, which could have a direct impact on their pocket book,” said Paul Elio, CEO of Elio Motors. “Consumers are looking for more control in their lives and driving a vehicle with ultra-high fuel efficiency and low cost helps insulate them from the volatility they face at the pump. Elio Motors is creating an entirely new vehicle class to meet this demand.”

With gas at $4 per gallon, it costs $2,600 to drive 15,000 miles in a vehicle with average fuel efficiency. Driving the same distance in an Elio at $4 per gallon will cost just $715, according to the company’s calculations.

Of course, millions of vehicles on the road today get significantly lower than average fuel efficiency. Most of these “clunkers” are low-cost vehicles owned by people who don’t believe a new vehicle is within their price range. For these consumers, Elio Motors will be a true game changer. Instead of driving an unreliable, low-mileage vehicle, “clunker” owners will now be able to afford a new vehicle that costs four times less to operate and comes with a three-year, 36,000 mile warranty.

“High vehicle costs, high operating costs and high maintenance costs drag down the affordability of most used vehicles,” Elio said. “We are providing our own version of Cash for Clunkers that will help get many of these vehicles off the road. If we hit our sales target of 250,000 annually for five years, we will reduce fuel consumption by 0.35 percent. That’s significant.”

About Elio Motors: Founded by car enthusiast Paul Elio in 2008, Elio Motors Inc. represents a revolutionary approach to manufacturing an ultra-high-mileage vehicle. The 3-wheeled Elio is engineered to attain a highway mileage rating of 84 mpg while providing the comfort of amenities such as power windows, power door lock and air conditioning, accompanied by the safety of multiple air bags and an aerodynamic, enclosed vehicle body. Elio’s first manufacturing site will be in Shreveport, La., with plans for the first production vehicle to roll off the assembly line in 2015 and significant production, sales and distribution during the next two years. For more information, visithttp://www.eliomotors.com or http://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors.

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
One nay-saying co-worker said to me
Let's say that a young man drove up to your house to pick up your daughter for a date and was driving an Elio...what would you think of him? Would you let your daughter go in THAT?

Without delving into the conversations about the advantages of courting over dating (where I'd know all about the young man WAY before he could even even be alone with my daughter, nevermind alone in ANY car), i listed off several reasons why I would think more highly of the hypothetical young man, but to no avail. My co-worker is STILL a nay-sayer!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've shared with immediate family and close friends, (Geez it's sounding like I'm telling someone I'm going to convert), about my future travel mode. Share with everybody else by passing stuff I see along to FaceBook. I know, that first year of ownership, when I'm the only one in town, I'll never be home just out cruising the strip in my Elio! But I digress. Mary, dear Mary, friends for ages, she's a gal pal who is near and dear. She is shall we say a robust girl. She keeps asking about a big girl back seat extractor. Gotta love her, I think she will fit with room to spare, just the transit into and out of may have it's own special drama. I'll try to remember to film and share when it happens.

Well, WELCOME, EastCoastCentralFla, to our Elio Family Forum; it certainly is a pleasure to have you here with us!

And with out ever having known or met you OR "dear Mary," you guys must really be close for you to be bold enough to mention her as you did. :rolleyes: I can tell, after my own 47 years with the same wife, that there HAS to be a hug degree of love and respect to say that. :D

And while I'm on the topic of "love;" I really do like your avatar!

Sure know those "folks." o_O

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
On the up side, being a fellow Floridian, you will have to appreciate how well that 1 gallon washer fluid bottle will dispense with those seasonal Love Bugs, you so proudly display in your icon. In addition, half the vehicle to clean them off of, is also going to be a plus
I SERIOUSLY try to stay off I-95 and the Beachline durning the two weeks twice a year the love bugs are out, but sometimes a trip to Orlando is unavoidable. True, half a car is much easier to scrub than a whole car.

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, WELCOME, EastCoastCentralFla, to our Elio Family Forum; it certainly is a pleasure to have you here with us!

And with out ever having known or met you OR "dear Mary," you guys must really be close for you to be bold enough to mention her as you did. :rolleyes: I can tell, after my own 47 years with the same wife, that there HAS to be a hug degree of love and respect to say that. :D

And while I'm on the topic of "love;" I really do like your avatar!

Sure know those "folks." o_O

Mary's a peach, wouldn't trade her for a bazillion. Thank goodness she has a wonderful sense of humor, has to in order to put up with me for any length of time. She's due down for a visit in November. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying kicking it with the Elio Owners crew on the forums. Thanks for the hearty Welcome:rolleyes:

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or you could enclose the body put on some paddlewheel hubcaps, and make it an anphibious car
manta-concept-electric-amphibious-vehicle_1_jjbat_69.jpg
I thought of that too- there's a thread about a belly pan on the elio for production models so if you could re-locate the front air scoop higher and if it floats you could mount a small outboard to the rear!

Top Bottom