• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E1d On It's Way To Red Dot For Hvac Design.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you guys reckon it's time to rename this thread to "The E1d is at Redot for HVAC design"... it can't take too long to get there!
Must wait on CONFIRMATION!

ps It doesn't let you use a Cap on any letter without a space in front of it. I had to use a space instead of a hyphen to get the Cap Dot instead of dot. But it does allow ALL CAPS. Just not AlL CaPs. Well, ar least in the Title anyway.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a very interesting angle for the picture- anyone notice it looks like an angry pumpkin ?
pumpkin.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Must wait on CONFIRMATION!

ps It doesn't let you use a Cap on any letter without a space in front of it. I had to use a space instead of a hyphen to get the Cap Dot instead of dot. But it does allow ALL CAPS. Just not AlL CaPs. Well, ar least in the Title anyway.
Ask RUCRAYZE to go run by Red Dot, he's not that far from it.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All Elio have A/C standard, so all Elio will have the same radiator/condenser unit.
I suppose they are figuring out how to make that happen. If they can design a system that permits the required AC/Heat/Ventilation in vehicles with both AT and MT as well as other options, present and future (think Turbo), they'll be miles ahead of the game. But that might take modifications to the radiators they have used up to this point in the prototypes.

I mean, if RedDot is designing the HVAC, they are probably reworking the radiator/radiators as part of that design. Then they have to integrate their design to work with other supplier designs in the E1b to make sure there are no conflicts. The only missing E from the first group of five is the E1e. I haven't heard much about that yet.

E1a Delivered to Continental.
E1b Retained for integration.
E1c Promotional Use.
E1d Delivered to RedDot for HVAC design.
E1e ?

Then E1f-w are expected to be built as a batch of 18 in the second wave.

I'm thinking the fleet 100 will be E2 or else the 1 in the nomenclature is redundant. Or they might be saving that for modifications between the E1 series and the Fleet 100.

Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen it from the front with the buckets off.

The mods that are going to be done with these are going to be epic.

The face paint options alone will keep me entertained for years.

My first thought upon reading "face paint" was that a luchador mask would look GREAT on the Elio.
pixel77-free-vector-luchador-mask-0801-220.jpg

Top Bottom