• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E1d On It's Way To Red Dot For Hvac Design.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suppose they are figuring out how to make that happen. If they can design a system that permits the required AC/Heat/Ventilation in vehicles with both AT and MT as well as other options, present and future (think Turbo), they'll be miles ahead of the game. But that might take modifications to the radiators they have used up to this point in the prototypes.

I mean, if RedDot is designing the HVAC, they are probably reworking the radiator/radiators as part of that design. Then they have to integrate their design to work with other supplier designs in the E1b to make sure there are no conflicts. The only missing E from the first group of five is the E1e. I haven't heard much about that yet.

E1a Delivered to Continental.
E1b Retained for integration.
E1c Promotional Use.
E1d Delivered to RedDot for HVAC design.
E1e ?

Then E1f-w are expected to be built as a batch of 18 in the second wave.

I'm thinking the fleet 100 will be E2 or else the 1 in the nomenclature is redundant. Or they might be saving that for modifications between the E1 series and the Fleet 100.
I'm pretty sure that Johnson interview, he said they'd be "S" models after the initial E series were done.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
eliohvac.jpeg

Top Bottom