• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The E1d On It's Way To Red Dot For Hvac Design.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then what is the point?
We like to gather and discuss things with people of like minds. Each of us watching things in places we like to hang out, and sends them back here if we find something interesting. So we get one common place to look for information from many places that we might not otherwise find.

In addition, we do sometimes get information that may be difficult or impossible to find elsewhere, such as when someone sends an email and gets a response or clarification.

This isn't just a place to get insider information. If people were in the habit of routinely reporting insider information, that could be anywhere from embarrassing for EM to outright illegal. Either way, the information source would almost certainly be shut down quickly. EM is a small company, and leaks are likely to be easily identifiable.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Then what is the point? Are you just on here because feel a burning need to go around in a circle blabbing about public information as if you can change it? I hope that's not the case. You are telling me there isn't anyone here with inside info? If not, I really don't understand the point of this. I would think that if you were passionate enough about what you want, you would the information you need and find a way to help move the system along faster by using that information as a way to leverage things forward. otherwise, you are expecting a new motor company to successful without your help in a system where start-up companies crash every day.

"...you are expecting a new motor company to successful without your help in a system where start-up companies crash every day..."

You said it, now you're going to get the chance to explain it to us.
How are we supposed to be helping them?

<It took me 6 tries to write this without saying what I was thinking at first>

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who has actual insider information that posts it here could get themselves and Elio Motors in some serious trouble with the SEC and could jeopardize the whole company. They are publicly traded, which comes with the obligation to follow reporting procedures and otherwise prevent insider trading issues.

We can certainly help the cause by spreading the word and providing a good place to collect and catch up on all of the publicly available information and even analyze/speculate on what that public data means to the success of EM. However, any real news should come through official channels.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Well, one very good way is exactly what people here are doing. I had never even heard about the Elio until I saw a commercial on TV. That was maybe three weeks ago.

Since then I've made a reservation – or if worse comes to worse, maybe I made a donation!

Either way though, through the information posted on the forum, I now know a lot more about the Elio than I would have otherwise.

Maybe I will eventually get an Elio, maybe the whole thing will fold up – but having a place to hang out even virtually with other like-minded folks – and maybe even get a question or two answered – seems like a pretty good deal.

That to me is the point of the forum here.

<S>
Anyone who has actual insider information that posts it here could get themselves and Elio Motors in some serious trouble with the SEC and could jeopardize the whole company. They are publicly traded, which comes with the obligation to follow reporting procedures and otherwise prevent insider trading issues.

We can certainly help the cause by spreading the word and providing a good place to collect and catch up on all of the publicly available information and even analyze/speculate on what that public data means to the success of EM. However, any real news should come through official channels.

That's great, and I agree with both of you.
Now let's hear from the person that I posed the question to: anonymous_asset
You acted like you have the answer, so let's hear it.
<and no copying from the others>

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, one very good way is exactly what people here are doing. I had never even heard about the Elio until I saw a commercial on TV. That was maybe three weeks ago.

Since then I've made a reservation – or if worse comes to worse, maybe I made a donation!

Either way though, through the information posted on the forum, I now know a lot more about the Elio than I would have otherwise.

Maybe I will eventually get an Elio, maybe the whole thing will fold up – but having a place to hang out even virtually with other like-minded folks – and maybe even get a question or two answered – seems like a pretty good deal.

That to me is the point of the forum here.

<S>
I'm with ya,.........I've already had $1000 worth of entertainment just being on this site :p

Top Bottom