• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio And The Deer

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That's where the adjustable coil over rear shock would come in real handy, cheaper and easier than an air system.

That is actually what I meant as we know the Peterson Spring adjustable coil overs are adjustable via air pressure adjustments. You can raise and lower the ride height on these as well as adjust the shocks via air pressure. :cool:

[Broken External Image]

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is actually what I meant as we know the Peterson Spring adjustable coil overs are adjustable via air pressure adjustments. You can raise and lower the ride height on these as well as adjust the shocks via air pressure. :cool:

[Broken External Image]
No, WE didn't know. I like it. I want it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since the front track of the Elio is as wide as a regular car, if the front doesn't snag, a hitch rack won't snag either. Might cause some wonkiness. A small trailer would be a better option but it was just confirmed from the Charlotte tour towing would void the warranty
After the first 36000miles the warranty is expired anyway. For most of us that will occur in less than two years. I plan on towing a small trailer so my wife and I can go on trips. All of us who are married know one small suitcase will not work.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After the first 36000miles the warranty is expired anyway. For most of us that will occur in less than two years. I plan on towing a small trailer so my wife and I can go on trips. All of us who are married know one small suitcase will not work.
For me , the warranty will be up in under one year.

cafengocmy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I live in a area that is heavily populated with deer. I really don't want and will take extra care not ,to hit any, but that being said , wonder how the Elio will take meeting a deer. I don't think even with a 5 star rating will help. Hopefully the deer will decide to jump over. I just think in my case I will have to limit my speed till I get outta the woods.
Hitting a deer in a full sized car can kill you and has killed people from antlers coming through the windshield. I rode only bikes for 30 years with a LOT of highway. I dodged some deer but never hit one. There are some places where my speed is, however, governed by the thought ,"how fast do I want to be going when I hit the deer?" Actually the closest I ever came to hitting a crittur it was a bear.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting a deer in a full sized car can kill you and has killed people from antlers coming through the windshield. I rode only bikes for 30 years with a LOT of highway. I dodged some deer but never hit one. There are some places where my speed is, however, governed by the thought ,"how fast do I want to be going when I hit the deer?" Actually the closest I ever came to hitting a crittur it was a bear.
I can agree with that.
Problem is not with hitting the bear, it would be how hard you hit him because when you stop it check damage he may want to get even :scared:

Worst I ever had was catching a June bug in the center of the forehead at 70; I still have the scar.

Top Bottom