• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am rethinking my transmission choice. I drove a Allis Chalmers tractor and a school bus in the 60's. I last drove a stick shift in 1978 when I got rid of my 1973 Vega. Do you think I will be able reacquire my old shifting skills? I want to drive my Elio home from Shreveport. I could use the money saved for some other options.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not drive a stick since 2003 and bought a car with one in Oct it took about 1 minute to get it back. I had nothing but standards for 15 years before my automatic, you will be fine. I do not even think about it anymore, just get in and drive.

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not drive a stick since 2003 and bought a car with one in Oct it took about 1 minute to get it back. I had nothing but standards for 15 years before my automatic, you will be fine. I do not even think about it anymore, just get in and drive.
Thanks. Your response is giving me confidence.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's when you "chug it" at a light your remember it's been a while.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think that Elio should use a CTV in all Elio's there more efficient. and it would be easier to assemble them all the same and less parts to deal with. I prefer a standard transmission but most people don't know how to drive with the third peddle.

Top Bottom