• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

mumblemouth

Elio Fan
Reaction score
was an email received from elio
Yes a standard 5 speed automotive transaxle with reverse ... the automatic is the same transmission with a AMT (automated manual transmission) servos and computers take over the clutch and shifting or you can shift it yourself (minus the clutch peddle )

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they have just announced it will be an AMT as a standard or manual transmission as standard. you will have your choice
That will be great.....I have a 5 speed beater Saturn that gets me about 32 mpg with a stick..... I enjoy driving a stick but This one will be an Automatic.... Hard to drink Coffee and keep up with the shifting. If it was a six speed stick, I would consider it....If they went with a six speed stick they would boost their Mpg's too!

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily. With 60hp and 55tq, the overdrive ratio can only be so tall; beyond a certain point it wouldn't be able to maintain speed at a low enough throttle input to save fuel.
Ok , JT I can't disagree I'm not an engineer. Your right about engine size hurting that idea...Not used to thinking about anything smaller than a 1.8 liter engine. Thanks for the mind reset! DD

Top Bottom