• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For what it's worth -- I have tried the clutch pedal in the P5. It is really stiff. If they don't find a way to relax it some before production, I will be buying an automatic.

great info .... we will get an automatic, have never so much as considered an straight drive .... your experience confirms that an auto will best meet our needs .... as a side point, finding such issues and coming up with solutions is one of the things mules are made for ... I have little doubt they will learn and adapt

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth -- I have tried the clutch pedal in the P5. It is really stiff. If they don't find a way to relax it some before production, I will be buying an automatic.

Is it uniformly stiff all of the way down or does it just get stiff toward the bottom?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. It will change. The P5 is / was a rush job to get it to the LA show. The paint was shiny and it moved under it's own power with it's own engine. Clutch pedal pressure was not even on the list of things to get right.

Last edited:

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it. It will change. The P5 is / was a rush job to get it to the LA show. The paint was shiny and it moved under it's own power with it's own engine. Clutch pedal pressure was not even on the list of things to get right.
Yes. I am sure they would adjust the clutch pressure to suit the primary demographic this car is being sold to. Old guys like me!:help:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. IIRR I don't believe any "pictures" posted from the P5 showed an actuation cylinder on the clutch pivot point on the transmission.
Hence it may have been cable operated. Real cheap and fast to do for showing.
(My opinion)

Willie

Top Bottom