• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the LA Auto Show, I tried shifting gears and it was very difficult. They reassured me it was because it was a prototype. I am sure they would say the same for the clutch.

Although there is not much to a clutch.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can a MMT be towed?

Anyone see if the P5 was a hydraulic or cable clutch?

I seem to remember reading (on this forum) that the Elio frame would be equipped with "tabs" to attach a tow bar. I know there isn't a problem flat towing (most) m/t cars, and "if" the Elio comes ready to tow, I'm going out on a limb by saying towing probably won't void the warranty....maybe. :D

Last edited:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Gizmo, that was the picture I was looking for. The two small reservoirs are probably for brake and clutch fluid. Another thing I question is the apparent "large" radiator overflow bottle with a "21" psi cap?
From other pictures, the radiator appears to be cap less.(sealed unit)

Willie

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you on the need for gauges, larryboy! Probably going for some pillar mounted Auto Meter's or the like. A descent quality HUD that displayed all of the 'vitals' would be even sweeter!
"Torque" is a free cellphone app that has all the gauges you can dream of. Add a $7 Bluetooth OBDII reader and you are home free.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Torque" is a free cellphone app that has all the gauges you can dream of. Add a $7 Bluetooth OBDII reader and you are home free.

That's awesome! One problem. I don't own, and never have owned a cellphone. I know! I know! What the H*LL is wrong with this guy. I've been a 'hold out' for so long, it's become a matter of pride to me. I love the looks I get when I tell them...:eek: [and that's a pretty good representation of their look!]

One caveat: On long road trips/vacations, my wife has hers for the "just in case of emergency" situations.

Top Bottom