• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I also received a survey from Elio and among other questions were those dealing with transmission choices. It asked if I would still be interested in automatic if it added $1500 to the cost of the Elio. Hoping that doesn't portend what the final cost is going to be, but then on the customization tool site, it shows the cost for automatic as $1050. That may just be an example as that site is not fully operational. Anyway everyone keep their ears open for any tidbits on this. I can do a manual with no problem but would really prefer not to.

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would guess that Eli will sell more auto than manual, but that's just my thinking. I am wondering how many of the E series will have auto trannies. Got to have at least one to validate real world performance and mileage as opposed to using stationary digital testing. And surely Elio will make available the differences in those categories between the manual and auto.

Scott Berridge

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree $1500 is a ridiculous price, but $2000 for SKYZ is even worse.

I guess they are counting on people paying that price as well.
Totally agree about the Skyze. Having GPS and map functions would be great but not for that price. I'm thinking there must be less expensive units available. My option will be to use the map function on my iPhone with an iOttie mount and DC cord for the phone. And I agree with others about having several DC outlets available.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go find and old clunker GM something or other that's front engine, rear wheel drive, stick.
This way when it comes time to change the clutch, it's easier, and probably cheaper.
And if they bang it up a little, ehh too bad, no loss.
If you can drive a stick in one of those, you can drive stick in anything. :thumb:
taught my kids (girls) on a VW Rabbit diesel (before emission controls)-" loved the smell of diesel in the morning", loved it 'cause it was almost impossible to stall it was very forgiving. Probably still on the road, (with replaced floor pans)

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, twin disc maybe, single disc AMT, I really don't think so. Both will take a test drive first. A true automatic with a torque converter and a valve body, you betcha. Otherwise I'm going with a manual 5 speed.

Top Bottom