• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do a little research and get back to us with a source please.
I'd like very much to see that one.

No. I will not. If you want to see it you can go find it for yourself. I am tired of the level of distrust you show simple comments, and I will not waste my time trying to prove my memory to you. Either you can take me at my word, or you can track it down yourself and prove me wrong.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is everyone spring loaded to the pissed off position? I think it must be sun spots or global warming. The purpose of this forum is to be informative, educational and entertaining. Old established members picking fights with each other is counter productive at the least. Since there's no voice inflection or body language in the typed word you have to compensate for that. Sometimes, "I believe your information to be in error" ends up sounding more like " you're a dumb ass". Everyone just needs to chill.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(LOL, j/k. I told my wife that she needed to calm down once. Once...)

image.jpeg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a "berserk button". Most people do. Mine has to do with being accused of untruthfullness.

One time of somebody asking, "can you prove that?" does not set me off. Nor does twice or thrice. But when somebody consistantly replies to my statements with "Can you provide a URL for that?" then it says to me that they are unwilling to trust me at my word, and I find that personally offensive.

I expect that kind of treatment from a stranger, or if I am saying something particularly unbelieveable. But I would have thought that we who have been around the ElioOwners forum long enough would have learned to trust each other. Or at the very least, to not flaunt our mistrust so openly.

My berserk button was pressed. When I asked, "Are you accusing me of being a liar?" he did not deny it. He simply re-asserted that he did not trust me at my word.

Charlotte Breen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have a "berserk button". Most people do. Mine has to do with being accused of untruthfullness.

One time of somebody asking, "can you prove that?" does not set me off. Nor does twice or thrice. But when somebody consistantly replies to my statements with "Can you provide a URL for that?" then it says to me that they are unwilling to trust me at my word, and I find that personally offensive.

I expect that kind of treatment from a stranger, or if I am saying something particularly unbelieveable. But I would have thought that we who have been around the ElioOwners forum long enough would have learned to trust each other. Or at the very least, to not flaunt our mistrust so openly.

My berserk button was pressed. When I asked, "Are you accusing me of being a liar?" he did not deny it. He simply re-asserted that he did not trust me at my word.

want some cheese with that?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Seems reasonable to me. Sometimes we get people making claims that we haven't heard before and it's common to ask for a URL. I wouldn't ask for one from one of the long-timers here unless it was just something I wanted to see for myself or if the claim was something like "It seems Paul meant _____ when he spoke at _____." You know, when personal interpretation is involved and it seems like they are making a leap in logic. For straight up facts though it's often a fine line among "Trust but Verify" , "I think you may be mistaken." and "Liar, Liar, pants on fire!"

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. I will not. If you want to see it you can go find it for yourself. I am tired of the level of distrust you show simple comments, and I will not waste my time trying to prove my memory to you. Either you can take me at my word, or you can track it down yourself and prove me wrong.

I see that as completely fair and just.

If you doubt it that much, you could do as he suggests; trust him, or start doing some searches.

The closest I could come to any test drive at the factory was this quote from RUCRAZE.

First a big welcome from THE Sunshine State.
I too recall, there being available test drives w/ both transmissions. I don't recall if the units will be "touring", or only at the factory. The vendor who is selling the "plastic" add-on body panels has a display @ the Elio showings. The tour, as it becomes a reality will have to add the extras for show and tell. When g1 catches up to this thread, we'll get greater clarification.

There was also something about two nights lodging if you showed a receipt for a one way ticket when you go to Shreveport to pick up your Elio.

A sideline that came up in my searches was the issue of "destination charge".
From what I found, this goes way back and was some sort of federal consumer protection issue.
It equalized the rate nationwide because some unscrupulous dealers were charging whatever they wanted to.

As far as Seth's memory, I couldn't find anything using searches like 'test drive', 'factory test drive', Shreveport test drive', and I know we have a pretty good search feature in this forum. Just wish Elio had one this good in the official web site.
I would still be interested if anyone can come up with anything like ....."people picking it up from the factory will have 3 days to test drive, check it out, etc before deciding on purchasing it for real."....
Incidentally, I did not and would not call Seth a liar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom