• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Charlotte Breen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
for what it is worth i recall that the $6800 price was to include choice of color, and "automatic" or "manual" transmission (among other things -A/C, heater, radio, power windows, etc) - in fact I recall that being told to me at Daytona at 'bike week' 2014 - but i cant find it written down anywhere.... the must haves were redefined after "all in I want it" reservations were made. Still no delivery date and now they want "commitment" signed. Gas is so cheap now that it is a tough sell to purchase a fully enclosed "scooter" (calling it a motorcycle presses my berserk button :-) ). i was born at night.....but it wasnt last night! by the way where is the full glass 'moon roof'

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for what it is worth i recall that the $6800 price was to include choice of color, and "automatic" or "manual" transmission (among other things -A/C, heater, radio, power windows, etc) - in fact I recall that being told to me at Daytona at 'bike week' 2014 - but i cant find it written down anywhere.... the must haves were redefined after "all in I want it" reservations were made. Still no delivery date and now they want "commitment" signed. Gas is so cheap now that it is a tough sell to purchase a fully enclosed "scooter" (calling it a motorcycle presses my berserk button :-) ). i was born at night.....but it wasnt last night! by the way where is the full glass 'moon roof'
The full glass moon roof will be about the size of a sheet of paper...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The automatic transmission was always stated to cost extra. I was first told $1000 when I asked on facebook 1.5 years ago, and now the configurator says $1050, so no surprise there. And the glass roof was always a speculated option, not a set-in-stone feature.

Charlotte Breen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The automatic transmission was always stated to cost extra. I was first told $1000 when I asked on facebook 1.5 years ago, and now the configurator says $1050, so no surprise there. And the glass roof was always a speculated option, not a set-in-stone feature.

bike week 2014 was about 2.5 years ago but yeah - i want to spend 10-12% of the total vehicle cost on an automatic trans - just like Toyota charges their customers - oh wait, no they dont!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the options haven't been put in the configurator nor have they been finalized. But, I'm pretty sure they won't set the glass roof in stone. I'm thinking it'll be either plastic or some kind of metal. :rolleyes:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
bike week 2014 was about 2.5 years ago but yeah - i want to spend 10-12% of the total vehicle cost on an automatic trans - just like Toyota charges their customers - oh wait, no they dont!
They charge $640 for Automatic over the Standard in their Tacoma as a matter of fact. So, yes, they DO.
It's not $1,050 though!

(On the Corolla, automatic transmission is a $600 option)

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is everyone spring loaded to the pissed off position? I think it must be sun spots or global warming. The purpose of this forum is to be informative, educational and entertaining. Old established members picking fights with each other is counter productive at the least. Since there's no voice inflection or body language in the typed word you have to compensate for that. Sometimes, "I believe your information to be in error" ends up sounding more like " you're a dumb ass". Everyone just needs to chill.
Take 2 of these : chillpill.gif and call me in the morning :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Top Bottom