• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
found this:
http://www.aisinworld.com/products/automotive-parts/drivetrain/
and this, see page 13, BC5 and MC5 transmissions
http://www.izb-online.com/uploads/tx_tnmexhibitordatabase/uploads/AISIN AI company presentation.pdf
And below on WIKI
Transverse front-wheel drive[edit]
Makes one wonder :)

Elio at 75NM is well within spec for that trans.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both our new fords have automatic transmissions , however they are not like what we are use to they are 6 speed manuals with some type of clutch pack. While a bit quirky(minor) they work well and really do provide some outstanding fuel mileage. I wonder if ELIO will have something like that on a smaller scale.

Last edited:

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are wet clutch in transmission oil not shared with engine oil DCT. And dry single clutch setups out there now. We have a wonderful computer between our ears. We just get bored and distracted too easily.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

ElioDigger

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Toyota and smart are very different. my AMT in the smart works, it is just slow shifting. the Elio will have almost the same engine setup and the smart. It is a costly repair if something would fail and there is a lot of moving parts that require electric motors in the smart setup.

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Toyota and smart are very different. my AMT in the smart works, it is just slow shifting. the Elio will have almost the same engine setup and the smart. It is a costly repair if something would fail and there is a lot of moving parts that require electric motors in the smart setup.

Costly when buying from the parent company of SMART, I hope Paul Elio will be a little kinder to us.

Top Bottom