• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Dragon

Name it The Elio Dragon

• Yes!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No way.

Votes: 42 85.7%

• Total voters

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This thread in General Elio Discussions had over 46 pages:
Name That Elio / Elio Logo / Elio Marketing
This thread could be collapsed into it.

I resubmit my modest proposal: Some interesting suggestions being presented. My recommendation relates to Elio's primary use - as a commuter vehicle and errand runner. In a similar fashion, when the Parker Pen Company introduced its first ballpoint pen in 1954, fountain pens dominated the market. But they were looking for a name that indicated the pen's convenience, ease of use, and always being at the ready for quick use. Their choice - the Jotter - still being produced today and immensely popular. So, my recommendation for the first Elio model is -------------- the Runabout. In 1964 GM exhibited their 3 wheel concept car of the same name at the New York World's Fair in the Futurama II exhibition. In the early days of automobiles, the majority of cars were runabouts, a worthy goal for Elio Motors. They typically had seating for two, and although most were open vehicles, some did have tops. So, steeped in a successful history, with seating for two, presenting the Elio Runabout!

Last edited:

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the shark names, but I'd go with a type of shark. Mako, Thresher, even Goblin would be cool (hey, I learned to drive in a Gremlin). As long as we avoid the Lemon shark, and probably the Dogfish, we'd be okay.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the shark names, but I'd go with a type of shark. Mako, Thresher, even Goblin would be cool (hey, I learned to drive in a Gremlin). As long as we avoid the Lemon shark, and probably the Dogfish, we'd be okay.
What about the mudpuppy?

mudpuppy.png

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eros; Elio Eros, (arrows ? Erose?) might have been nice given that Nike and other winged greek gods have been taken. (Hermes? No, Just too weird, nobody knows about Hermes )
On the other hand, maybe Eros's just a bit too PG13/R rated in some connotations.

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please Lord, don't call it "Mako". All of the Mako Mermaid-watching 9-year-old would point and laugh at me!:confused:

Top Bottom