• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I haven't made a reservation is that I want to wait till its certain to be made... and I'm still trying to bring my wife around.

About the engine, I love the mpg. Left to my own devices though, I will probably stick a honda 4 banger in it.(provided it fits)
I could take the L15A out of my fit, put it in the elio and stick a K20a into my fit!

110 horsepower elio and a 220ish horsepower fit, that's literally doubling both vehicles horsepower provided the elio has 55.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CompTrex,

I'm certainly not a naysayer. However, I cannot logically put down money for a car that doesn't yet exist in a company that has not yet produced any cars (the proverbial $1000 tee shirt) because I have, in addition to the uncertainties voiced by others here, no guarantee that I will ever be able to register an Elio three WheElio in my country of residence. Putting money down for a place in the queue is no guarantee that I could drive one for the intended purpose.

I am, however, very enthusiastic about the concept and would love to own one and I would give up my BMW for one. As I've said on this forum at least twice before, I began designing a car of similar layout back in 1989 because of the advantages of a 2F1R three wheeled commuter vehicle and certainly had no intention of buying a Reliant Robin or Rialto, as they were known back then. if Elio would supply me with a functional P3 rolling chassis without engine and transmission, I could get it on the road here in UK before they will have their own cars on sale in the USA.

We have a well established industry for low volume, or kit cars here. The Elio P3 design would fit well into this industry, using existing Suzuki power train components. I have some here.

How much more enthusiastic do you want me to be about the Elio? ;)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CompTrex,

I'm certainly not a naysayer. However, I cannot logically put down money for a car that doesn't yet exist in a company that has not yet produced any cars (the proverbial $1000 tee shirt) because I have, in addition to the uncertainties voiced by others here, no guarantee that I will ever be able to register an Elio three WheElio in my country of residence. Putting money down for a place in the queue is no guarantee that I could drive one for the intended purpose.

I am, however, very enthusiastic about the concept and would love to own one and I would give up my BMW for one. As I've said on this forum at least twice before, I began designing a car of similar layout back in 1989 because of the advantages of a 2F1R three wheeled commuter vehicle and certainly had no intention of buying a Reliant Robin or Rialto, as they were known back then. if Elio would supply me with a functional P3 rolling chassis without engine and transmission, I could get it on the road here in UK before they will have their own cars on sale in the USA.

We have a well established industry for low volume, or kit cars here. The Elio P3 design would fit well into this industry, using existing Suzuki power train components. I have some here.

How much more enthusiastic do you want me to be about the Elio? ;)

As I said, I didn't mean to single you out, but I just needed a 'forum' to vent! No disrespect intended.

TJ Hue

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Maybe I have missed it, and if so I apologize, but who will manufacture the Elio engine? Will they manufacture themselves or outsource to one of the majors?

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear om FB it is done....
From whom on FB did you hear that, Elio? And what part is done? The castings have been done for awhile, but a machined, assembled, and running engine is a whole different story.
TJY4M0VS704b7qEm%2BTnuFwWqhZH6czsZRA0e4guJ5NfCKn4T09uUyJI0%3D&m=FP30_%3A_not_top&t=1411159949160.gif

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear om FB it is done....
From whom on FB did you hear that, Elio? And what part is done? The castings have been done for awhile, but a machined, assembled, and running engine is a whole different story.
TJY4M0VS704b7qEm%2BTnuFwWqhZH6czsZRA0e4guJ5NfCKn4T09uUyJI0%3D&m=FP30_%3A_not_top&t=1411159949160.gif

I have read that also. Several people are reporting that the tour folks are now telling visitors who ask that the engine is now machined and assembled. I have not been able to confirm this yet from EM, or anyone I already know to be trustworthy, however that does not mean it is not true also. Hopefully we will find out more soon.

Top Bottom