• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just curious .... is the motor in the P4 the same one that was used in the P1, P2, and/or P3 .... with the P3 still in use I doubt it but can't help but wonder .... some reporters have called the motor in the P4 "tired"

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just curious .... is the motor in the P4 the same one that was used in the P1, P2, and/or P3 .... with the P3 still in use I doubt it but can't help but wonder .... some reporters have called the motor in the P4 "tired"

That is curious. o_O How much would it have cost EM to throw a set of rings, bearings and a quick hone job in a "tired" Geo Metro engine to make it at least a little "less tired". Could probably do it in an afternoon and had it back on the road.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is curious. o_O How much would it have cost EM to throw a set of rings, bearings and a quick hone job in a "tired" Geo Metro engine to make it at least a little "less tired". Could probably do it in an afternoon and had it back on the road.
I think this would have been a great idea since the mule is the first impression and only impression we currently have.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
performance isn't all that important the vast majority of the time when the P4 is sitting on jacks as a display .... it does seem though that there are more videos of it being driven .... lets face it, they only have 1 and it is critical that it stays in display condition

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just read a response from Elio regarding the engine testing. It stated, " it's undergoing a six month testing cycle, and we'll report more on the engine as it progresses. Stay tuned!"

Here is some more regarding the noise level in the Elio:
" the P4 is a very rough rendition of what the driving experience will be like. The P4 doesn't have our engine in it, nor does it have a muffler; add in the fact that it doesn't have the sound deadening material inside that will isolate the sound, and you have a mule/prototype that isn't ready. Even with those rough edges (which is entirely expected on a mule), the P4 is still a complete blast to drive!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom