• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to know what happened to the big dyno test result a month ago? Big build up and then swept under the rug?? I am getting disappointed with some of these things. If they are not sure of something then say nothing at all.

Correction. It was 17 days ago (2/6/15), and it was the first public(?) start which was to be at an event for the press and "stakeholders".

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do agree that high RPM engine produce more HP but I also believe real power is in torque for real power. I still think it will hove more Hp and more torque. If I am wrong that still great. I will be happy withe the estimated goals. I still want to see the results of the test.

Thought I read it could be tuned to over 100HP but was kept detuned for mileage?
An option was a tuner kit...... maybe......... ??

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I long for the day when the complexity and maintenance cost of internal combustion engines are replaced by EVs.

having owned and thankfully just sold an EV, I hope that day never arrives ... EV's can/do offer a good option for the meeting the transportation demands for some people, they can't for others .... I have no problem with anyone buying whatever best meets their wants/needs .... I just don't see EV's having evolved far enough to be effective over a broad range

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So what happened to this press event did it happen? If it did how come no announcement of it?

it was announced that it was postponed due to a schedule conflict of a partner .... some insider reports came out saying IAV had an emergency to come up with a major client .... nothing definite since .... EM has stated on Facebook that it is being rescheduled and will include something additional

Top Bottom