• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Front Wheels Setup

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've looked at the P4 several times while it was displayed in Daytona Beach, but never thought of looking at the black portion of the front fenders. I know the fenders are attached with 4 allen screws and can be pulled up and removed, but I can't recall seeing if the black portion of the fender can be separated from the rest of the fender ? Did anyone checked it out. Would be interesting if that were possible, then some nice chrome wheels could be installed and shown

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've looked at the P4 several times while it was displayed in Daytona Beach, but never thought of looking at the black portion of the front fenders. I know the fenders are attached with 4 allen screws and can be pulled up and removed, but I can't recall seeing if the black portion of the fender can be separated from the rest of the fender ? Did anyone checked it out. Would be interesting if that were possible, then some nice chrome wheels could be installed and shown
I'm more than willing to sacrifice a couple of mpg to remove the black portion of the fenders to increase it's look

Coda1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess the fenders are probably one piece of fiberglass. If they are you wouldn't be able to remove and reattach the black portion. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be cut off though. I would like to see how high off the road the fenders are. They look like they are low enough to hit a curb.

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I recall seeing an image of the new fenders where someone did a photoshop and removed the black portion and opened up the rest of the fender a bit. He had chrome wheels on it and it looked great. You could see 3/4 of the wheel. I wish I could recall where I saw it....

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
img-1X.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the wheels fully enclosed or just a motorcycle style fender over the top, but not the half wheel style in this image. What I would really love is one of those Can Am Spyder fenders with the strip of LED lights going all around

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks much better than the fully enclosed version.
I like the wheels fully enclosed or just a motorcycle style fender over the top, but not the half wheel style in this image. What I would really love is one of those Can Am Spyder fenders with the strip of LED lights going all around
Well Grayfox 72 it looks like so far you have a 50-50 chance of pleasing someone on here with your design. Nice work. I hope you enjoyed doing it no matter what the results are. :-) Z

Top Bottom