• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Front Wheels Setup

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
any time you show that something has wheels and tires as in your picture it will always look more like a car. i like.
Being a Star Trek fan I like the levitating effect commented on by Cali Chris. We will simply look like we are skimming down the road on a field of air. How cool is that? LOL :-) Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would guess the fenders are probably one piece of fiberglass. If they are you wouldn't be able to remove and reattach the black portion. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be cut off though. I would like to see how high off the road the fenders are. They look like they are low enough to hit a curb.

Unless I'm mistaking, I don't think any part of the car body is painted, leaving the possibility that it is two separate pieces bolted together.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaking, I don't think any part of the car body is painted, leaving the possibility that it is two separate pieces bolted together.
The SMC panels on the Elio are painted. Maybe the black on the skirts is blended in or the original color. Still begs the question as how they are attached together? Anybody going to Tuscon, if you could take pictures and ask the question that would be great!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SMC panels on the Elio are painted. Maybe the black on the skirts is blended in or the original color. Still begs the question as how they are attached together? Anybody going to Tuscon, if you could take pictures and ask the question that would be great!

SMC has the capability of being stamped and taken straight to the production line.
Why would EM require the parts to be painted on the budget they are trying to manufacture with? JMO

I would like to read where you saw the parts are going to be painted.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SMC has the capability of being stamped and taken straight to the production line.
Why would EM require the parts to be painted on the budget they are trying to manufacture with? JMO

I would like to read where you saw the parts are going to be painted.
Craig : What i read was the interior color panels would be a possible Option. Elio has a Face book page.... Tha'ts where I pulled , the interior and Elio in the snow pictures from. they also are quite good about answering questions on there and passing along ideas to the engineers. Double D

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I like it and believe it could be realistically produced as this is about as high as you could cut the rear fender skirt without exposing the swingarm.
? I thought the suspension system was fully exposed on both types of covers? Do you meant the attachment points to the wheel side? o_O
I was talking about the rear end. If you were to cut the rear tire cover much higher than shown in the picture you would expose the swingarm which is the metal part that connects the rear wheel to the chassis.

Top Bottom