• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hood Opens Backwards?!?

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Safety issue solved,, I bet is the root of it.. I think the doghouse type nose (like semis) would be a great plus to the design...

JS

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hood opening backwards is fine...but the real question is how do you build a sun visor that can swing to both sides?

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Easy,, put in two,,, one on each side stowed over door and window, both swing to center as most appropriate...
I bet Pauls boys had that figured out 5 years ago..

Go Elio
JS

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the hood design as is. I bet the whole front end could be removed easily if needed for access.
Not so sure,,, looks like side panels are all one piece... Which,, is best for crunch absorption, and more stylish.. But you touched on my reasoning in my previous post,,,, access,,, I happen to be an A&P mech. and I love being able to open up to the point of repair.. hehehe I just would hope they don't accomplish that by assembly with button head phillips screws. hehehehehe
and, I agree,, It is good as is......

Go Elio
JS

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This design will undoubtedly stay as-is . In a video that I watched Paul was asked how he could sell a $6800 vehicle . He began to state all the ways he's keeping costs down and said something to the effect that this design requires only one hinge rather than two .

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw this photo on Elio's facebook page. I really hope the production model's hood doesn't open like this.

View attachment 64

THEY GOT IT EXACTLY RIGHT .
THE FRONT HINGED HOOD HAS BEEN USED ON MANY OF THE BEST CARS FOR DECADES .

THE SUNBEAM TIGER , BMW 2002 & TRIUMPH TR-6 ARE SOME THAT I HAVE OWNED .

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If I recall the p4 (orange prototype )opens like a regular car. I've seen that car 6 times already but if I'm mistaken it isn't a problem for me.

Top Bottom