• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Navdy is liquidating... Their HUD looked like it was the one Elio was going to offer as an option.
Yep. The technology is great... I love mine. But they took way too long and came to market late and at too high a price. Competitors are thronging. Not all start ups succeed. It's too bad Navdy is one of the failures. As Elio is likely to be for wholly different reasons.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. The technology is great... I love mine. But they took way too long and came to market late and at too high a price. Competitors are thronging. Not all start ups succeed. It's too bad Navdy is one of the failures. As Elio is likely to be for wholly different reasons.
That's how the market is, it waits for no one.

James W. H.

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading the description of the HUD that is now showing as a convenience item in the configurator. To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?

View attachment 10949

EDIT: THIS PICTURE IS A SCREEN CAPTURE FROM THE CONFIGURATOR.
This HUD unit was mentioned also on one of Elio's web sites. I bought one. I know that some others have too. I was given a date that it would be produced and then I would receive it. I paid, I think around three hundred dollars. It was a big rip off. Never received my unit. Same with others. They will not respond no matter how you try to contact them. I contacted Elio because I ordered the unit because they provided all of the info on the Elio site. Not the configuator. Elio basically told me it was between them and me and of course "them" took and cashed in on my money and will not return ANY communication.
The HUD sounded good but let me know if you ever receive it.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This HUD unit was mentioned also on one of Elio's web sites. I bought one. I know that some others have too. I was given a date that it would be produced and then I would receive it. I paid, I think around three hundred dollars. It was a big rip off. Never received my unit. Same with others. They will not respond no matter how you try to contact them. I contacted Elio because I ordered the unit because they provided all of the info on the Elio site. Not the configuator. Elio basically told me it was between them and me and of course "them" took and cashed in on my money and will not return ANY communication.
i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_173_580_Wat.jpg_79b30de315cac94cc22cf4930bf0fb76.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, you bought a unit before the Elio was produced? Why in the world would you do that?
Yes, your argument is with the company that cashed your check, it has nothing to do with Elio Motors.
And personally, I haven't heard of any one else that did that.
Not trying to make you feel bad, but why on earth would you buy one for with out a firm plan for the Elio?
And what other website is connected to Elio?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, you bought a unit before the Elio was produced? Why in the world would you do that?
Yes, your argument is with the company that cashed your check, it has nothing to do with Elio Motors.
Not trying to make you feel bad, but why on earth would you buy one for with out a firm plan for the Elio?
This is bordering on the weird!:nono:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hebrews 11:1King James Version (KJV)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
He is waiting on his Elio!!:)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the I-Scout which was supposed to be the unit Elio was going to use, but they went belly up ! It was a kickstarter campaign.

JK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bummer. I pre-bought a Navdy. Received mine and have been using it a while. Now Navdy has gone under. I got an email saying in the next couple weeks some services the company was paying for will be turned off. Says the voice recognition and navigation will be effected and may cause the whole unit to stop working. Guess I'll have a $300 paperweight if that happens.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I assume you are talking about the iScout from Spade Tech? If so, yeah, they look like they really did go under. Their website is not even registered anymore. I could see why you would want to order one before getting an Elio, they looked like really cool devices and usable in any car. Shoot, I would love one in my Miata.

They were mentioned in this Elio Momentum: https://www.eliomotors.com/a-new-must-have-tech-option-for-your-elio-elio-momentum-v75/

So sorry they did not get off the ground and you did not get your HUD or a refund, that really stinks. But Elio is right in that it is not their issue since they are not the manufacturers of the unit nor were they the ones you ordered through. Now if the Elio gets made and then you order a HUD through the configurator and then do not get it, THEN it is definitely Elio's issue.

Top Bottom