• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Hud For The Elio

Do you like the Elio?

• Yes

Votes: 61 83.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or maybe it IS Navdy :p
Navdy has been delayed for years, I preordered one in 2014. It still is not ready they say they have shipped some "explorer" units but no one can say for sure. It is a disaster, I got a refund last year and would not trust Navdy again.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting poll yes.

Wonder how Spouses would Vote on this Poll. Could this option be added to your Poll if not to late to Edit.

1 Person voted no Already, too bad the Voters are not Visible.
Was "No" an actual option? Which poll are you referring to? The one in THIS thread doesn't have "No" as one of the choices. Heh heh.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading the description of the HUD that is now showing as a convenience item in the configurator. To me, it looks like a Skyzmatic-Lite. It uses your smartphone but will show backup camera and others and probably other things... I'm thinking texts on-screen and maybe navigation. There isn't an indication of who makes the unit but I'm thinking it is definitely in my "probably" list of options. What do you guys think?

View attachment 10949

EDIT: THIS PICTURE IS A SCREEN CAPTURE FROM THE CONFIGURATOR.
I think I am tired of Technology. Probably no fancy gadgets on mine, just a nice sound system.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0aFDW2SchZQ/hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I wonder if the HUD might be the iSCOUT.

http://www.spadetechs.com/#!iscout/c1og7

It seems to have all the goodies that the configurator discusses and is advertised at pre-order prices of $329 to $379 which are discounted from prices of $449 to $499. Given a bulk discount from Elio the price feels about right and the technology should be available by the time our elios ship.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I wonder if the HUD might be the iSCOUT.

http://www.spadetechs.com/#!iscout/c1og7

It seems to have all the goodies that the configurator discusses and is advertised at pre-order prices of $329 to $379 which are discounted from prices of $449 to $499. Given a bulk discount from Elio the price feels about right and the technology should be available by the time our elios ship.

You know, I think you might be right! And if that is the case, I might consider getting one. I'd like to know if those blind spot cameras work as well on the Elio as on regular-sized cars, but otherwise I think that looks pretty cool!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I think you might be right! And if that is the case, I might consider getting one. I'd like to know if those blind spot cameras work as well on the Elio as on regular-sized cars, but otherwise I think that looks pretty cool!
Question would be; if your car isn't equipped with blind spot cameras, is there an option to add them?

If you remember, the Skyzmatic had the same problem; if they aren't a factory option, it doesn't have that feature.

NorCalPhil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question would be; if your car isn't equipped with blind spot cameras, is there an option to add them?
What if your 'car' isn't equipped with blind spots? I've never sat in a prototype, but it seems like there aren't any blind spots given the width and taper of the passenger compartment, assuming the mirrors can be adjusted properly.

Top Bottom