• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Movement Is Growing

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I
Wow! Ten thousand people who have been bitten by the Elio bug. Trying to describe this attraction to other people and can't get a handle on it.

Are we eco-minded, cheap, forward thinkers, rebels or just nuts? Probably a combination of all.

What are your thoughts fellow Elioites ?
YES If not individually then among us a little of all of the above. That is part of the fun. :-)

Scott Miller

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Eco-Minded...I really like that word, or maybe it's a statement. I certainly believe we are like-minded. We are all suffering the same...paying too much at the pump, want an eco-friendly, freedom giving answer to the same problems. I for one am tired of paying almost 300 a month in gas...just to have the priveledge of going to work. The Elio, if it holds to the standards by which it is presented, will allow me to go to work for nearly a week what it costs me for one day. I have no need to take my four door sedan. Yes it is a wonderful car and yes it is nice to drive; but for what, so I can get to the salt mine and back. The Elio can do that in spades and leave the empty (truely empty) mileage off my sedan! What I save each month in gas I can pay for the Elio; or take the family to dinner; my kid to a show and still have money left over. This little marvel gives me some of my life back. It isn't much, and I won't get into the existential meanings of how money can't buy you happiness, but it helps. God forbid we have a monetary meltdown and suddently we have to pay five to seven dollars a gallon for gas...or worse. (Incidentally, look at what a gallon is overseas.) This little car will give me just a bit more feedom, a spark of individualism, and maybe a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eco-Minded...I really like that word, or maybe it's a statement. I certainly believe we are like-minded. We are all suffering the same...paying too much at the pump, want an eco-friendly, freedom giving answer to the same problems. I for one am tired of paying almost 300 a month in gas...just to have the priveledge of going to work. The Elio, if it holds to the standards by which it is presented, will allow me to go to work for nearly a week what it costs me for one day. I have no need to take my four door sedan. Yes it is wonderful car and yes it is nice to drive; but for what, so I can get to the salt mine and back. The Elio can do that in spades and leave the empty (truely empty) mileage off my sedan! What I save each month in gas I can pay for the Elio; or take the family to dinner; my kid to a show and still have money left over. This little marvel gives me some of my life back. It isn't much, and I won't get into the existential meanings of how money can't buy you happiness, but it helps. God forbid we have a monetary meltdown and suddently we have to pay five to seven dollars a gallon for gas...or worse. (Incidentally, look at what a gallon is overseas.) This little car will give me just a bit more feedom, a spark of individualism, and maybe a whole lot of fun.
+1 Very well said.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a huge jump over a short period of time! I believe the snowball has started to roll down the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to push that snowball as hard as I can. I have told everyone I know about this and even have a few extra people coming along with me to Savannah next week to see the P4 in person.

Top Bottom