• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Movement Is Growing

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Making it the pace car would definitely attract attention. However, one that has the production engine/transmission, fully prepared and ready to be the "model" for the production line would be better.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Making it the pace car would definitely attract attention. However, one that has the production engine/transmission, fully prepared and ready to be the "model" for the production line would be better.

EM is up to all most 12,000 reservations. Don’t understand why you think everyone else left needs to have a production engine/transmission, be fully prepared and ready to be the "model" for the production line. Are you all in? if so, why did you get in with out all of the above?

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was surfing the internet and ran across pictures of the BMW being used as a pace car for MotoGP races and I remember thinking to myself that the Elio would be a great fit as a Pace Car. This is especially true for motorcycle racing whose fans already have a natural tendency to like vehicles such as the Elio.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM is up to all most 12,000 reservations. Don’t understand why you think everyone else left needs to have a production engine/transmission, be fully prepared and ready to be the "model" for the production line. Are you all in? if so, why did you get in with out all of the above?
I enjoy the concept of a vehicle like this. I enjoy the fact that this concept is American Made, with existing techonology. Also, having been an owner of a GEO Metrol myself (had it not been totalled, I would still have it), the power plant/tranny combo was well suited for the Elio. Maybe I'm a little too "wanting" for this to be a done deal, and to be in production.

But there are those who "seem" to have "inside" information, regarding when the engine/tranny combo will be put into one of the "P-series." I know when I was thinking of getting a PT Cruiser (many things kept me away from it), in our Chrysler forum, we had actual representatives of Chrysler post projected start dates, where they were with testing, what to expect from the performance, etc.

Maybe I'm a little too "wanting" for this to be a done deal, and to be in production. Maybe I don't want to be all in and this to end up being the "Dale" of the 21st Century.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I enjoy the concept of a vehicle like this. I enjoy the fact that this concept is American Made, with existing techonology. Also, having been an owner of a GEO Metrol myself (had it not been totalled, I would still have it), the power plant/tranny combo was well suited for the Elio. Maybe I'm a little too "wanting" for this to be a done deal, and to be in production.

But there are those who "seem" to have "inside" information, regarding when the engine/tranny combo will be put into one of the "P-series." I know when I was thinking of getting a PT Cruiser (many things kept me away from it), in our Chrysler forum, we had actual representatives of Chrysler post projected start dates, where they were with testing, what to expect from the performance, etc.

Maybe I'm a little too "wanting" for this to be a done deal, and to be in production. Maybe I don't want to be all in and this to end up being the "Dale" of the 21st Century.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/concept-vs-prototype.475/

Top Bottom