• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Options, They Are On Their Way

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Factory options are naturally going to be expensive . No doubt to glean much needed additional profit from every car .
No Wrap that size should cost $1600 .
But I have to confess , I'm liking the rear $175 spoiler . :cool:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Factory options are naturally going to be expensive . No doubt to glean much needed additional profit from every car .
No Wrap that size should cost $1600 .
But I have to confess , I'm liking the rear $175 spoiler . :cool:
PE Has stated that options
will be cost plus 20%, we'll
see if that holds....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In keeping with the 'Elio my way' theme it seems all options should be alacarte.........fenders, wheel choices, and everything else, however, by the time production rolls around EM may determine the alacarte idea too complex and limits profit per vehicle. The 'Elio my way' may change to 'Elio his way' by bundling options to insure a set amount of profit per vehicle to guarantee success beyond the base $6800 Elio. The base $6800 will obviously increase significantly too after the engineering and design freeze determines the E build and Pre-production Elio specifications.

I can't get overly excited about options until after the E builds/testing and 100 Pre-production Elio's milestone events are met. The Elio is still in the marketing phase. I will take my 'Elio any way'.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have a point about the possibility of too many options making things more complex. Instead of a 24 hour turn around it may take more time the more options that are chosen. Can you imagine someone wanting every option! It may take a week or more to add everything! But I don't think profits will be effected, I think the price per option will be enough to be profitable regardless how many are chosen. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In keeping with the 'Elio my way' theme it seems all options should be alacarte.........fenders, wheel choices, and everything else, however, by the time production rolls around EM may determine the alacarte idea too complex and limits profit per vehicle. <trimmed>.

I agree with the ala carte but I don't agree with the "too complex".
Doing a fender / wheel / tire combo would be complex, but it could be cheaper to do it that way.
I can see the 3 pieces being separate; if you want just the fenders; buy just the fenders.
If you want to save a few bucks, buy the 3 piece package. Even with that, they could have 10 different types of tires, and 30 different wheels; all that would take is having a vendor like Tire Rack. So Elio could stock some items, and special order the others but have a vendor that can supply them on short notice. They said you can have your Elio in 24 hours, I don't remember them saying you could have accessories in the same time frame.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was searching on the eliomotors main web site a few moments ago. I went to their top column titled features, I scrolled down to options and opened it. I found a short video in there named configuration and surprisingly it showed four options with pricing. May be insight of items coming. In this elio configuration video, they showed what looked to be options or wraps for $1,600.00, a tire inflation monitoring system for about $400.00. , a front lower spoiler for $175.00. Please note I could not hear sound yet in the top left corner was a sheet with the base elio price $6,800.00, then it listed the price of this items I mention and a subtotal. I had never explored this configuration video before so it is new to me. I just pass this forward if you car to view since it appears soon we'll see an options list. This is great to see more and more information being released as we are approaching the finish line (the builds, the production time frame! Sweet it is!) Hoorah for the Elio,well worth the wait :D Thank you Paul Elio!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was searching on the eliomotors main web site a few moments ago. I went to their top column titled features, I scrolled down to options and opened it. I found a short video in there named configuration and surprisingly it showed four options with pricing. May be insight of items coming. In this elio configuration video, they showed what looked to be options or wraps for $1,600.00, a tire inflation monitoring system for about $400.00. , a front lower spoiler for $175.00. Please note I could not hear sound yet in the top left corner was a sheet with the base elio price $6,800.00, then it listed the price of this items I mention and a subtotal. I had never explored this configuration video before so it is new to me. I just pass this forward if you car to view since it appears soon we'll see an options list. This is great to see more and more information being released as we are approaching the finish line (the builds, the production time frame! Sweet it is!) Hoorah for the Elio,well worth the wait :D Thank you Paul Elio!
Thanks Terrance but you're just a wee bit late with it; it came out in the blog news letter yesterday and we've been discussing it ever since.
We don't know how accurate the pricing is because the video that's in there is an example of how it will work; that's also why you couldn't play sound.

Did you get the blog notice? It also covered the "Styling Centers" (aka marshaling centers).
You can also get to that E-Style configurator by going to myelio.me

Top Bottom