• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Options, They Are On Their Way

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of development has been done on tyre technology, low rolling resistance tyres don't need to be "hard" anymore - they can even be fairly grippy - not like a track day tyre, but definitely sporty with very good manners.

Oops - if you mean long tyre mileage as opposed to fuel mileage that has improved as well. (Although not as much, in my opinion and experience. Try a set of pilot road 3's on your scooter.)

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors once put out a CAD drawing of the vehicle with the front spring and suspension totally enclosed.

Have you noticed this is that model?

The front body part opposite the wheels where the coil-over spring is located, this area is totally enclosed.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of development has been done on tyre technology, low rolling resistance tyres don't need to be "hard" anymore - they can even be fairly grippy - not like a track day tyre, but definitely sporty with very good manners.

I think you just gave yourself away! You must be from across the pond! :cool:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I liked how the P4 had flares around the front suspension opening. The flare was molded into the body panel.

They may make add-on flares an option also.

ImOnabus

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you just gave yourself away! You must be from across the pond! :cool:

Haha, perhaps - I have changed the sparkling plugs and gudgeon pins on a BSA - after checking the colour, of course. (One should always use new gudgeon pins when fitting new pistons.)

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I liked how the P4 had flares around the front suspension opening. The flare was molded into the body panel.

They may make add-on flares an option also.

Good eye, Pistonboy! I attempted to pull an image from the video, and it indeed looks like there's an enclosure around the "stock" suspension opening. Very hard to see in the pic I posted, but it you full-screen the video and pause it in the right position you can see it. You'd have to disconnect the top A-arm to install something like that, but it might be worth it, aesthetically and aerodynamically. I LIKE IT! :rockon:

Elio features.JPG

Top Bottom