• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
elio0-jpg.7331.jpg

Glad to see some progress though.
Great Scott! Is that a flux capacitor I see in the engine?

And the body of the car ... could they have switched the original construction for stainless steel to solve "certain design problems"?

After all, this IS "the car of the future"... :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They still don't have any suspension pieces on it, that is a big step.
Interior is not all that hard; and I haven't seen very much or any wiring anywhere on it; that's another time killer.

So it's:
1) Suspension and drive line
2) wiring
3) paint
4) interior
5) glass
6) whatever is left.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sweet progress on the real P5
View attachment 7330

OK. Looking at the left picture with engine on hoist, it looks like the firewall and instruments are in. Also looks like the windshield is in place (see the reflections?)
Looking at the lower right hand picture with engine in, the firewall and other stuff don't appear to be in place.
My guess is that the pictures are not necessarily in time sequence.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK. Looking at the left picture with engine on hoist, it looks like the firewall and instruments are in. Also looks like the windshield is in place (see the reflections?)
Looking at the lower right hand picture with engine in, the firewall and other stuff don't appear to be in place.
Incidentally, it also looks like the door is in place. All of which lends credence to the idea that they are taking it apart and putting it back together multiple times to make sure they get the assembly process right.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Relax everyone. What will be, will be. Don't have an orgazmatron. All things come to those who wait….patiently.
NO TIME TO RELAX! I'm kidding, meh is my avatar, and what will be, will be is my signature, but NO TIME TO RELAX! for the P5 Builders.

Note: You get to a certain age when waiting for things to come simply may not workout for your personal timeline so step it up a notch EM.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I went back and even popped the picture up to 400% and I don't see what you're looking at.
No windshield, but there is a glare that the camera is picking up because of shooting into the sunlight; and what looks like a wired dash isn't, it's just the angle and the shadows because of the lighting again.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a few questions :

1. judging from the pictures what would you estimate that the P5 is of being complete

2. once the motor and transmission are in place, shouldn't the pace of the project accelerate

3. best guess, what would be the most time consuming remaining part(s) of the build

Those pictures are probably older. We've already seen pictures with the engine in place and here, it seems they are re-installing it. They'll pull it out after they know the frame is good so they can powder coat it and then they'll put the body panels on and paint them and then the engine and tranny will go back in. I'd guess finalizing the interior pieces will be the most time consuming from this point forward.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Those pictures are probably older. We've already seen pictures with the engine in place and here, it seems they are re-installing it. They'll pull it out after they know the frame is good so they can powder coat it and then they'll put the body panels on and paint them and then the engine and tranny will go back in. I'd guess finalizing the interior pieces will be the most time consuming from this point forward.

interesting .... once they get things ironed out, I'd tend to believe that the interior will more or less be pop-in or quickly bolted-in segments .... I can see how having to make the frame ready to accommodate the installs could take a while .... I bet that motor and tranny have been taken in and out a bunch of times already .... it would really be nice to see a picture of the P5 as it stands today

Top Bottom