• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The top hose is the upper radiator hose, and the hose beneath that is the lower radiator hose.
Two "top" hoses. One going to each side of the tank. 3rd hose going to lower right.

5fe87f77ec50cfd1eb2e339f35d546ef.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two "top" hoses. One going to each side of the tank. 3rd hose going to lower right.

5fe87f77ec50cfd1eb2e339f35d546ef.jpg
Three full size hoses going to the radiator, a cut off wire sticking up in mid air, and a myriad of hose clamps in the middle.
Are they going to show this thing at the LA auto show?
Is this thing called "prototype" or "kluge"?

(And, how much does this thing cost?)

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The radiator shown appears to be a "Sealed" type, the Radiator cap is actually on the overflow bottle?
Two hoses on top?
IIRR even on a "Crossflow" radiator, one hose on top, one on bottom, on the same end.

Willie

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Three full size hoses going to the radiator, a cut off wire sticking up in mid air, and a myriad of hose clamps in the middle.
Are they going to show this thing at the LA auto show?
Is this thing called "prototype" or "kluge"?

(And, how much does this thing cost?)
It's still in the "In n Out" phase of fitting; when they're happy with how everything fits and works, it will all come out / off and then off to the paint shop.
I really doubt they would let the frame be considered complete without some kind of coating/sealer on it.
The frame will probably be ground smoother (not show car molded and blended just the slag and over welds ground down) primered and either painted or have something like Line-X on it and all the body panels will get prepped and painted.
Once that's done, reassemble and road test it before putting it on the trailer.
So all of those "make work" clamps and hoses will be purdyed up.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's still in the "In n Out" phase of fitting; when they're happy with how everything fits and works, it will all come out / off and then off to the paint shop.
I really doubt they would let the frame be considered complete without some kind of coating/sealer on it.
The frame will probably be ground smoother (not show car molded and blended just the slag and over welds ground down) primered and either painted or have something like Line-X on it and all the body panels will get prepped and painted.
Once that's done, reassemble and road test it before putting it on the trailer.
So all of those "make work" clamps and hoses will be purdyed up.

I believe the "other top hose" is actually a "mock up" for the A/C system. It's true, it isn't a hi-pressure hose that is required for a working system, but at this early stage all they really need is a pattern that is the right shape and length. Just like the radiator shown. It is obviously NOT the final version.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the "third hose" goes to a pressurized,with cap, overflow tank,like the type used on a Mazda 3.

I think you (and Willie who mentioned it on the last page but I didn't go back to quote) are right. I'd expect a smaller "fill" line by production time though.

I don't see a condenser, but I don't NOT see one either.
VVVVV
Where do you see a condenser?

Top Bottom