• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Things You Will Not Be Able To Do With Your Elio

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
14.) make the lumber supply run for the weekend projects.

I work for an ISP, so I sometimes show up all over the place depending on routing.
just submitted my order and am waiting on the confirmation, but decided on the Elio due to having to take ferries here in Seattle, the under 14' rate plus priority loading with the motorcycles saves on the 3+ hr wait times on friday's makes this an excellent commuter option.

lumber.jpg

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
14.) make the lumber supply run for the weekend projects.

I work for an ISP, so I sometimes show up all over the place depending on routing.
just submitted my order and am waiting on the confirmation, but decided on the Elio due to having to take ferries here in Seattle, the under 14' rate plus priority loading with the motorcycles saves on the 3+ hr wait times on friday's makes this an excellent commuter option.

IF the operator at the booth recognizes you as a "motorcycle". Despite the plate, they might just decide that you're a car. (Although, I guess I just don't know). Just curious; Which ferry?

Drag0n

Elio Fan
Reaction score
IF the operator at the booth recognizes you as a "motorcycle". Despite the plate, they might just decide that you're a car. (Although, I guess I just don't know). Just curious; Which ferry?

I see them allow the Polaris slingshots to the front of the line and wait in the cycle area, so, there shouldn't be much difference.
And the Mukelteo/Clinton ferry.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I see them allow the Polaris slingshots to the front of the line and wait in the cycle area, so, there shouldn't be much difference.
The Slingshot isn't enclosed, they seat 2 across, not two tandem, completely different look; the Elio does "Look" more like a car.
Has anyone ever contacted the WSFS about this?

And a good source of information for anything motorcycle related is the Evergreen Safety Console; they do know about the Elio.

Drag0n

Elio Fan
Reaction score
15.) help your friends move (bodies?) on the weekend

just talked to the WSFS help line, it definitely qualifies under the sub 14' category at only 160", as long as they are registered as a motorcycle (which the autocycles are) they will get staged with the motorcycle lane and get priority loading. the only difference is as with LONG motorcycles (over 8' ) they will be charged as 8'-14 vehicles for toll's

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
15.) help your friends move (bodies?) on the weekend

just talked to the WSFS help line, it definitely qualifies under the sub 14' category at only 160", as long as they are registered as a motorcycle (which the autocycles are) they will get staged with the motorcycle lane and get priority loading. the only difference is as with LONG motorcycles (over 8' ) they will be charged as 8'-14 vehicles for toll's
Cool; what are they charging now for tolls? It's probably been 20 years since I last road a Ferry. It's been at least 10 years since I was last in downtown Seattle; closest I've been is south end of West Seattle near White Center about 5 years ago.

Drag0n

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Cool; what are they charging now for tolls? It's probably been 20 years since I last road a Ferry. It's been at least 10 years since I was last in downtown Seattle; closest I've been is south end of West Seattle near White Center about 5 years ago.

single trip normal is $10.80
under 14' is $8.50
I buy the 20 trip passes for $140 currently, the under 14' are $110.60 at 6 trips a week that's around 40 bucks a month saved.

Top Bottom