• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Why We Need Our Elio.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you use an absolute old design to show what not to use?
Why do you think they are going to use that? Duuuhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's be retired for years now!! Com on man, get with the times!
Would be nice to get " On With The Action" ... E1C is old news now.
I hope Elio lets Lilly May take E1C for a test drive. I looked at the "pop up" place in Pontiac, MI, it is the middle of town and pretty much deserted, not much traffic. Good place to go for a stroll around the block.
https://www.elioowners.com/threads/closer-look-at-the-e1c.7965/page-5

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you use an absolute old design to show what not to use?
Why do you think they are going to use that? Duuuhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's be retired for years now!! Com on man, get with the times!
Did I ever say they were going to use this design?
No.
I never said they were going to use this design.
The only purpose of the picture is to show the beauty of diagonal shocks.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What would you rather have in your driveway America ? A used Ford, or a brand new Elio ?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-used-analysis-idUSKBN1880KE
You mean a used Ford you can ACTUALLY BUY right now, or a brand spanking new ELIO that you don't have an idea when IT WILL BE SOLD, let alone build? I guess if the need is immediate, then there's your used FORD, if you've got time in your hand, then there's your ELIO! Perspective is everything my friend!

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You mean a used Ford you can ACTUALLY BUY right now, or a brand spanking new ELIO that you don't have an idea when IT WILL BE SOLD, let alone build. I guess if the need is immediate, then there's your used FORD, if you've got time in your hand, then there's your ELIO! Perspective is everything my friend!
I will wait for my Elio. I owned one Ford and that was enough for me! A 1956 Ford convertible with a continental kit and Thunderbird engine. It got about 10 mpg and I worked on it daily! :D God that car looked good!

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I will wait for my Elio. I owned one Ford and that was enough for me! A 1956 Ford convertible with a continental kit and Thunderbird engine. It got about 10 mpg and I worked on it daily! :D God that car looked good!
Ah, the good old days spent with my dad as he adjusted the tappets every weekend. I long for simpler times when we could actually be shade tree mechanics.

Top Bottom