• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Why We Need Our Elio.

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What would you rather have in your driveway America ? A used Ford, or a brand new Elio ?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-used-analysis-idUSKBN1880KE
. . . But I already have a used Ford . . . Why would I want another? Mine still works fine.
;)
Never forget Fix Or Repair Daily there was a rational behind it.
Fanboy brand loyalty and rivalry, combined with cathartic mockery to ease the butthurt when stupid design decisions and deliberately user-unfriendly maintenance jacks up costs and introduces acute frustration? Outside of that, it bears resemblance to the simpletons that argue Playstation versus XBOX and descend quickly into personal insults and insinuations upon each other's manhoods, and makes me think of the very quaint days when there were families who drove Fords, and families who drove Chevys, and who treated each other like the Montagues and the Capulets.

And in all fairness, I've yet to encounter a Chrysler design that didn't eventually burn or leak concerning amounts of oil, a Mitsubishi that actually has all properly mated or sized interior trim pieces and without paint QA/QC issues, a GM without electrical problems or a persistent failed traction control warning light after a couple of years or rear quarter panels composed of 20% rust... Doesn't mean they don't exist, but honest anecdotal experience can cast aspersions like that very easily.

More valuable to talk about platforms or design generations or different plants' build quality than to lump together everything under any given make or manufacturer, given the breadth of most companies' offerings.

Anyway, everything looks different from the other side (of 200K miles, used). 'Tis a strange land, and the laws of this place are not what men know in their hearts. :D

Top Bottom