• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Just Can't Last!

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see a bunch of those say "Cash"
Do they charge differently on debit and credit card?
Depends on where you are. It's rare in Texas to see a different price for credit or cash. The few times I see it, at least here in the Dallas area is at the bigger travel/truck stops on the highways

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This oil price plunge cuts both ways. I've had several friends laid off in the past few months, all of whom had good long-term jobs in the oil industry. One friend who was working on a project for me got laid off yesterday. Boy, that hurts. Thankfully for the folks in the oil business, the price of WTI is up today to almost $47. That plunge to $37 a couple of weeks ago cost a lot of good folks their jobs. It's going to take a stable price over $90 to open up the employment market again. Par should be about $120. At that level we can plan for new growth and development of new resources.

PipSquack

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It is $2.16 for Regular here on this side of Kansas City where I live. 10 miles west on the Kansas side of town it is $2.27. I commute to college in a more rural area 60 miles east and it is at $1.97. Guess where I fill up? Lol.

Actually, barring refinery fires or unexpected shutdowns, I think the low(er) oil and gas prices will stick around for a while. Saudi can't afford to turn the taps back and still finance their country. The US is kicking out gobs of oil from fracking operations/oil sands and (as I read a while back) production will have to ramp down to plug those wells even if the companies are operating at a loss. And if the deal with Iran goes through they will flood the market to raise revenue once the sanctions lift.

Either way I'll still enjoy my Elio. I like things with cool styling. I'm not young enough or good lookin' enough to attract the ladies so well any more so I'll let the E do it for me.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as with other reports, prices in our part of NC are all over the place .... while out this morning, I filled our truck at $1.969 .... in the 20+ miles from there to our home I drove by stations posting prices from there up to $2.179

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will still purchase vehicles based on fuel economy no matter what the price of gas.
I predict that most of the country will get below $2 a gallon ,I also predict we will all see $4 a gallon again.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm beginning to fear that when I finally get my Elio...
I'll have to change it over to run on pure alcohol.

Because there won't be any gas left to put in it.

HAH!

:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember the campaign message: "A vote for Obama is a vote for $5/gal gas." LOL
Oil imports from OPEC Nations down 59% from the 2008 highs. The result of sound energy policies. It doesn't just happen. The auto industry is bigger and better than ever as a result of the bridge loans. Also, resulting in a continued supply of well stocked off the shelf parts available to be used in our Elio's. DOE ATVM Loan funding available if/when EM qualifies. Laws changed to allow Crowdsource Funding. Something to think about when considering the overall major improvements in our economy. Local, State, and National Politics does impact the potential success of Elio Motors and our chances to buy one. EM is on track, on the slow train, but on track. Go Elio!

Gas prices will no doubt increase, but the Elio will always save us 50%, on whatever the cost/gal.

Top Bottom