• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thoughts On A Cold Day

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never liked Dodge or Chrysler but the 37 years I was in business (Auto Upholstery) we worked on very few and the transmission shop next to me worked on very few compared to Chevy. and Ford. Yes I know there are more Chevy./Ford's on the road but the quality seemed better on Chrysler/Dodge even back then.
Hmm... 40 years ago, there were 2,318,619 Chevrolets produced, 1,594,053 Ford's produced, and only 153,319 Chryslers produced. For every 1 Chrysler on the road, there were 25 of the other two. I could see how you would see 20 Ford's and Chevys when only 1 Chrysler had issues and think the Chrysler was less problematic when the truth was that they were just really rare. (In comparison)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use a 100 Watt "My Heat" heater that cost me $20. I run the cord out my door and plug it in to the house. When I go out in the morning, I unplug it. By the time the interior cools down, the car has taken over heating.

I do that also. I use a ceramic heater and a timer. No frost on my windows! nice and toasty for my five mile commute

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last Chrysler I owned was built in 1976.

Had one of these (1967 Chrysler 300) for a while, great for family trips when
gas was reasonable................ :)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8PIXKDRjOHD6x84l1_AkpqbsMzNhdK1_9MGycKha-GyJvnrJIog.jpg

PS: I think he's contemplating a bridge loan.....:D

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine was a Chrysler Avenger. I think it was actually built in France. If it had been built a few years earlier it would have been a Hillman and built in Britain.

I've just looked this up. Some of you might remember it as the Plymouth Cricket.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine was a Chrysler Avenger. I think it was actually built in France. If it had been built a few years earlier it would have been a Hillman and built in Britain.

I've just looked this up. Some of you might remember it as the Plymouth Cricket.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg1vsMaGOOS-ouUAwdN5-cszFJ6-HtUhiuAlmNyAujt_DoIpF97A.jpg
:)

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The driver said 2X that the Elio will be available "Next Year " . I can't believe he pulled that out of his hat . I am resigned to getting my Elio in 2016.
First year production (us $1k reservations) is already spoken for. So the "public" won't get their hands on it until 2016. All they can do is watch us drive by and drool!.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haven't they gone out of business twice already? :rolleyes:

"Gone" out isn't exactly correct, shoved might be closer to the truth, or "squeezed" out.
Tucker, Studebaker, Nash, Packard and Hudson are a few of the most recognizable victims.
Even Tesla has incurred the wrath of Big Detroit and is feeling the "squeeze". Letters to governors suggesting
that they require Tesla to conform to the "Dealer Network" model for selling in their state. Quoting workforce
numbers that might suffer as a result of direct to consumer sales is a thinly veiled threat.
Anybody that dares to challenge GM & Ford with a superior product gets the "treatment".
Chrysler has just been lucky enough to bounce back with the finding of deep European pockets when at the precipice.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Gone" out isn't exactly correct, shoved might be closer to the truth, or "squeezed" out.
Tucker, Studebaker, Nash, Packard and Hudson are a few of the most recognizable victims.
Even Tesla has incurred the wrath of Big Detroit and is feeling the "squeeze". Letters to governors suggesting
that they require Tesla to conform to the "Dealer Network" model for selling in their state. Quoting workforce
numbers that might suffer as a result of direct to consumer sales is a thinly veiled threat.
Anybody that dares to challenge GM & Ford with a superior product gets the "treatment".
Chrysler has just been lucky enough to bounce back with the finding of deep European pockets when at the precipice.
I can't exactly name a single "must have" product that Chrysler makes. But I do realise it was poor management rather than automotive quality that drove them under. GM has the same issue so I wouldn't say GM is in any position to challenge Chrysler. For that matter, neither was Ford in the latest bailout. I mean, Ford even temporarily sold the rights to their own blue oval to stay solvent. Luckily, they had shifted gears and were producing some popular fuel efficient models and had enough cash to get them through without a government bailout. Luckily.

Top Bottom