• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three-wheel-6800-elio-delayed-again-could-be-too-little-too-late

Jim G

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elio will be a disrupter on price point alone. It could get 45mpg and would still be one of the most fuel efficient vehicles on the road at half the cost.

I still don't see how this announcement means a delay, it just confirms they won't start building until the end of 2016 at the earliest.

Agree 100%. There will be many high mpg offerings in this space in the next 1-5 years, but I am aware of none that can come close to touching Elio's price point. The fact that you can essentially pay for a new vehicle via the savings you realize in gas purchases alone is an ENORMOUS differentiator.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%. There will be many high mpg offerings in this space in the next 1-5 years, but I am aware of none that can come close to touching Elio's price point. The fact that you can essentially pay for a new vehicle via the savings you realize in gas purchases alone is an ENORMOUS differentiator.
Most are attracted to the Elio based on price point alone whatever the actual base price turns out to be. I think we should know by now. My personal experience is that you get what you pay for and won't know if the Elio is a real value, with long term reliability and durability until it's tested, finally produced, and owner reviews start flocking in. To date a few reservationists have had the opportunity for a test SIT in a prototype with nary a test RIDE or DRIVE. We seem to be a trusting fan base and as.u.me that the Elio will meet or hopefully beat our expectations.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most are attracted to the Elio based on price point alone whatever the actual base price turns out to be. I think we should know by now. My personal experience is that you get what you pay for and won't know if the Elio is a real value, with long term reliability and durability until it's tested, finally produced, and owner reviews start flocking in. To date a few reservationists have had the opportunity for a test SIT in a prototype with nary a test RIDE or DRIVE. We seem to be a trusting fan base and as.u.me that the Elio will meet or hopefully beat our expectations.
I agree Rickb. With all the hype surrounding the ELIO, none would have a greater impact w/ future owners than having one, yap, just a single pre-production ELIO being tested on the track and showing for everybody to see the numbers!!! We have not even see the actual numbers of the new engine like the actual horses, etc. ...and they're moving on to producing 100 pre-prod......to sell????? EM is actually USING the fleet owners to TEST THE ELIO for them...does that make sense??? Without actual numbers coming from EM, we'll just have to see the first reports from the fleet owners what their first hand experiences are, actual mpg figures, etc. since there won't be no ACTUAL TEST DRIVE for us regular reservationists until God knows which quarter of 2017!!! But having said that, I will be patiently waiting until the end of this year to see if the first 100 ELIOs will materialize before our very eyes! :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree Rickb. With all the hype surrounding the ELIO, none would have a greater impact w/ future owners than having one, yap, just a single pre-production ELIO being tested on the track and showing for everybody to see the numbers!!! We have not even see the actual numbers of the new engine like the actual horses, etc. ...and they're moving on to producing 100 pre-prod......to sell????? EM is actually USING the fleet owners to TEST THE ELIO for them...does that make sense??? Without actual numbers coming from EM, we'll just have to see the first reports from the fleet owners what their first hand experiences are, actual mpg figures, etc. since there won't be no ACTUAL TEST DRIVE for us regular reservationists until God knows which quarter of 2017!!! But having said that, I will be patiently waiting until the end of this year to see if the first 100 ELIOs will materialize before our very eyes! :D
Perhaps you and I should volunteer to be E test drivers (not crash test dummies) promising complete silence about the experience until EM's official news release.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there are some early vids of reporters driving/reviewing the E.
Not even close. I'm talking about test drivers ( with helmets) running the ELIO to it's limits to verify everything. Running it on paved, gravel, sand, unpaved roads to test for squeaks and rattles, noise levels etc. all the good stuff. I know it's premature to be asking this, after all, EM has yet to show progress on the e-series build. Will we see the numbers, pictures/videos of ELIOs being crashed and the test results before they build the 100 pre-prod??? Let's all hope so.;)

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
<snip> We have not even see the actual numbers of the new engine like the actual horses, etc. ...and they're moving on to producing 100 pre-prod......to sell????? EM is actually USING the fleet owners to TEST THE ELIO for them...does that make sense???
I think we should be mindful that Elio is not shoving any of the 100 pre-prods down any fleet owners' throats. Of course those owners understand what they're getting into, what they're getting out of it, and what EM is getting out of it. Let's be careful not to suggest otherwise.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and maybe they know things we don't- the companies have to know what their risks are and actual specifications- scary to think to throw the keys to a company driver, without some basic expectations beyond vids and spec sheets

Top Bottom