• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three-wheel-6800-elio-delayed-again-could-be-too-little-too-late

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least they should already have a good idea about engine power though. Numbers at the crank they can measure with bench testing and rarely do you see figures for power at the wheels published by a manufacturer. But they might be waiting on ECM/intake/exhaust/cam tuning before even announcing crank HP and TQ numbers.

I would love to see video of an Elio running around a test track!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least they should already have a good idea about engine power though. Numbers at the crank they can measure with bench testing and rarely do you see figures for power at the wheels published by a manufacturer. But they might be waiting on ECM/intake/exhaust/cam tuning before even announcing crank HP and TQ numbers.

I would love to see video of an Elio running around a test track!
The new AIV engine has been around for much of last year with all the hoopla and we're now in early April and they have not come up with benchmark figures??? How much more patience do you need?
Funniest post of the day.
Just give me a chance....I would willingly crash an ELIO to a barrier...I just have to make sure the airbag is not from Takata!:D It probably won't take more than 60mph to total an ELIO.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The new AIV engine has been around for much of last year with all the hoopla and we're now in early April and they have not come up with benchmark figures??? How much more patience do you need?

Just give me a chance....I would willingly crash an ELIO to a barrier...I just have to make sure the airbag is not from Takata!:D It probably won't take more than 60mph to total an ELIO.
Totaling a $6800 Elio at lower speeds is highly likely. The Elio may ultimately be considered a disposable market item. Parts and labor to repair may cost more than simply buying a replacement.

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Totaling a $6800 Elio at lower speeds is highly likely. The Elio may ultimately be considered a disposable market item. Parts and labor to repair may cost more than simply buying a replacement.

Now I just need some land to start the Northwest's largest Elio salvage yard, for those of us who want to build "FrankenElios" from spare parts!

Top Bottom