• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Three Wheel Vehicle Problems In Texas

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Roberto, are you in Texas? If not, no worries. Add your general location to your profile so we know where you are.
  1. We are a year or so from production. That gives Elio Motors lots of time to grease the wheels.
  2. Polaris is a $2 billion corporation, they aren't going to put up with this.
  3. Government bureaucrats are stupid. Texas already registers Campagna T-Rex and Morgan trikes and they are "ride in".
This is a temporary hiccup likely caused by a bureaucrat who wasn't stroked properly. The are like mean cats -- they will bite the hand that feeds them just out of spite if they aren't stroked when they want to be.

Yes, I live in Houston.

I do hope Polaris works something out. IWill not be a happy camper if they reverse themselves on Elio as well.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can't overlook that thes is being generated in TEXAS! I could mention a list of the Lone Star State that is out of touch with the other 49, but refrain as per web-masters!!

I am not from Texas, but just because they don't agree with you doesn't have to make them wrong.
Are they out of touch with the people or the media of some of those other states.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being an owner of a smart car. I do not need a vehicle that proves my manhood I do sometimes wonder about men in pickups. I have found that there is a direct correlation between tire size and stupid the bigger the tire the more stupid the driver

Some of us need our trucks for work or for home use. We also put big wheels on to deal with the snow or mud, or because we like to go off-roading or camping- that doesn't mean we are stupid. No need to be condescending ;)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the Elio will have a problem due to it being enclosed like a car unlike the Slingshot.

As for the anti chick magnet I don't buy cars to attract women. And even if I had the $$ to afford real chick magnet cars(Ferrari, Lambo, etc). Why would I want a woman to like me only for what car I have?
Because those types of women are just like those cars: Fast, sexy, impractical, expensive, and fun as all get out. But, they really aren't much in the long haul department.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to live and ride in Texas, and when I was there they had just changed the law so helmets were not mandated. I think there was some stipulation about being able to show you could theorhetically at least put up $10k toward the cost of putting your brains back in your head or whatever in the event of a bad accident, and there might have been a 21 or over stipulation or something. Maybe all that got changed....

Top Bottom