• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Too Many Conveniences Lead To Distracted Driving?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Don't like some voice (grating female) Harping at me for missing a"

A good friend had a 84 or so 300ZX , I hated that thing ! great to drive if you could get it to SHUT UP :)
I had a '84 300 ZX, that could have been the beginning of my adversion of 'Some Woman' telling me where to drive and when to turn, dam, I hated her for that. I'm still looking for a simple 240 Z to restore.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you a surgeon? This Z could use some reconstructive surgery. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
Z, Let me think about that and I'll have a reponse you may or not consider.

I did mention I wanted a 240Z for restoriation, not a 72 year old woman that's keeping this forum Alive.
As you are our Den Mother, here, and a Very Devoted Elio advicate, with a great ability to keep us informed with the latest info. I don't see you as having any need for Restoration.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your right about using a paper Rand Mc. paper map. I carry one in the trunk on the Wing.
My problem with Google Map Directions is I know very well how to get out of my home town. Ten lines to go 5 miles. I use the map to start planning a trip at about 100 miles out and see how to go from there.
I have two GPS units and leave them at home. I have tried to us them but I Don't like some voice (grating female) Harping at me for missing a turn. I don't need nor want that. When I'm on the road, I'm Free until Monday morning @ 8:30 am and do as I Dam well please. Wheather it's a 3 day 6/7 hundred mile trip or a two week 6,600 mile trip. My paper map has gotten me there and back with out a problem.
'Before you leave on a trip, look at the map, plan ahead for 100/200 miles, stop, take a break, repeat…'
Yep!! has worked every time.
Taz, every time I go into a state I stop at the welcome center and pick up a new map if they have them. I've been from border to border and almost coast to coast. I still need to hit the northeast and Hawaii to make it all 50. Bucket list will be toast in our Elio. Well almost, don't think I can make Hawaii in the Elio.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Taz, every time I go into a state I stop at the welcome center and pick up a new map if they have them. I've been from border to border and almost coast to coast. I still need to hit the northeast and Hawaii to make it all 50. Bucket list will be toast in our Elio. Well almost, don't think I can make Hawaii in the Elio.
No, but you might be able to rent one there. We have a couple of inactive members there. :-) Z

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, Let me think about that and I'll have a reponse you may or not consider.

I did mention I wanted a 240Z for restoriation, not a 72 year old woman that's keeping this forum Alive.
As you are our Den Mother, here, and a Very Devoted Elio advicate, with a great ability to keep us informed with the latest info. I don't see you as having any need for Restoration.
Taz, even Den Mothers need a little diversion, once she gets the scouts all tucked in! LOL. Z is still young by today's standards. Just saw our finance guru and we can expect to see 94 or older! Baring any accidents or illnesses of course! So we planned our financial future out to 100. Not unrealistic as my grand mother lived to 102 years, 7 months and 17 days.

Top Bottom