• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Total Out The Door Price?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
I will probably finance most of the $5300.00 the car will cost. Then pay cash for all the extras.
MK
imageon/others, Why wait until after the purchase to finance your Elio/extras?? Why not start 'Financing' your New Elio Right Now?? Start by opening an Elio Savings account and add funds as they are available. I use what I call 'Creative Accounting', which I control, to add funds as I can. Early on, I saw where Z said 'This or My Elio', when she made purchases, it made more sense, this is exactly what I was doing already. Listed below are things I have started doing to insure I will be able to pay for my Elio, when 'I Get The Call To Come to Shreveport and Get It'. They can keep the 20% credit card, I wont need it.

1) Quit smoking, 160$ + per month or make my own, 84 cents to a $ a pack.
2) No 'Recreational' driving the suv, save gas, ride the bike
3) Stay out of WalMart/Lowes/etc/etc. If I need something at these places I go before work with only a half hour to purchase a needed item, staying focused on what I actually need, walking around WW will cost a lot more.
4) Buy paper products at the $ store.
5) Make a grocery/beer run only once a week, save gas
6) Prepare my own food at home, I can have Rib Eye with baked potato/bread cheaper than most can have their McDonald's.
7) Quit buying the latest Electronics, when I do, I go for the latest and greatest, they will last for 4/5 years.
8) ????????

Since I started my Elio savings account, I have been amazed at the ways I have been able to save money for it.

At the rate I'm going, I will be able to pay, up front, for 1.9 Elios, at the base rate or one equipped the way I want it.

If this way of paying for an Elio can help anyone, I would consider it a 'Mission Accomplished'

imageon

Elio Addict
As far as the Elio gas credit card financing is concerned, I seem to recall reading somewhere (I don't recall where) that there would be a minimum monthly payment and the APR would be around 20%. Of course this really means you can buy this way but as a last resort. Just about any other means of financing would be preferable.
Wow! sure about that number?
I just noticed that my bank was offering to start or refinance a car loan for an APR 2.99%
Not sure if that would include a auto cycle any who -
Most vehicle loans are at APR 5.99 right now around here. Hope they don't go up too far by the end of next year.
MK

imageon

Elio Addict
imageon/others, Why wait until after the purchase to finance your Elio/extras?? Why not start 'Financing' your New Elio Right Now?? Start by opening an Elio Savings account and add funds as they are available. I use what I call 'Creative Accounting', which I control, to add funds as I can. Early on, I saw where Z said 'This or My Elio', when she made purchases, it made more sense, this is exactly what I was doing already. Listed below are things I have started doing to insure I will be able to pay for my Elio, when 'I Get The Call To Come to Shreveport and Get It'. They can keep the 20% credit card, I wont need it.

1) Quit smoking, 160$ + per month or make my own, 84 cents to a $ a pack.
2) No 'Recreational' driving the suv, save gas, ride the bike
3) Stay out of WalMart/Lowes/etc/etc. If I need something at these places I go before work with only a half hour to purchase a needed item, staying focused on what I actually need, walking around WW will cost a lot more.
4) Buy paper products at the $ store.
5) Make a grocery/beer run only once a week, save gas
6) Prepare my own food at home, I can have Rib Eye with baked potato/bread cheaper than most can have their McDonald's.
7) Quit buying the latest Electronics, when I do, I go for the latest and greatest, they will last for 4/5 years.
8) ????????
Actually I have started such an account. But at my current rate it will be what I use to by the accessories.

Since I started my Elio savings account, I have been amazed at the ways I have been able to save money for it.

At the rate I'm going, I will be able to pay, up front, for 1.9 Elios, at the base rate or one equipped the way I want it.

If this way of paying for an Elio can help anyone, I would consider it a 'Mission Accomplished'

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
At least Ford Performance OEM seats aren't like Harley seats, they retain value after removed from the car, and since they can be used to replace the lower level factory seats in 3 year old sun bleached car's, $800 for brand new seats is entirely possible.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
At least Ford Performance OEM seats aren't like Harley seats, they retain value after removed from the car, and since they can be used to replace the lower level factory seats in 3 year old sun bleached car's, $800 for brand new seats is entirely possible.
OK, but I'm having a problem here, Why would anyone, in their right mind, buy 'HI Performance Seats', at any cost, for a 'Bottom of The Line Ford Focus'?? Maybe a Mustang but not a Focus.

JP

Elio Addict
OK, but I'm having a problem here, Why would anyone, in their right mind, buy 'HI Performance Seats', at any cost, for a 'Bottom of The Line Ford Focus'?? Maybe a Mustang but not a Focus.
The focus st is the sport turbo model. It's not a cheap compact car. Magazines rave about the handling so if you enjoy driving and plan to modify it I would go for the nicer seats

Rickb

Elio Addict
Speaking of seats! Here's an autocycle seat option for the old and affluent motorcycle enthusiast that may have an old Harley seat laying around.............wait a minute could this be an aftermarket opportunity? LOL
image.jpg