• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Total Out The Door Price?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, I only got 3 pics but it's better than nothing.

While I was there a rep opened the hood, the galvanized box next to the batter is power supply for indoor events.
NuBjV74.png

JfmpKmb.png

d49dwmz.png
Great! Thanks for sharing. :-) Z

Ain't she pritty? LOL :-)

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My options would be automatic transmission, leather seats, rear view camera. No cruise control, navigation. I'm thinking that will add up to $1000? $10k is my cap. Went "All-in" last week, got my t-shirt, waiting for #.

Also, I'm hoping they go with the credit card deal, where everytime you fill up, they deduct the car payment...

The credit card option does sound interesting, but I started thinking about the math. Everyone's circumstance is different, but if you drive about 10,000 miles a year like I do, at a pessimistic MPG of 49 mpg, that's about 204 gallons of gas. At about $3.50 gal, that's about $715 for gas per year. Using the credit card option then, you would be applying $1430 ($715 x 2) to pay off the Elio every year. With interest -- and I'm sure Elio will be charging interest --, it seems that it would take more than 5 years to pay off a $6800 Elio. With an optimistic MPG of 84 mpg, it would take over 8 years to pay it off. Again, everyone's circumstance is different, but 5-8 years seems like a long time to be paying off a $6800 debt. On the upside, the higher your gas prices, the quicker you pay off the Elio.... Jus' sayin' o_O

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The credit card option does sound interesting, but I started thinking about the math. Everyone's circumstance is different, but if you drive about 10,000 miles a year like I do, at a pessimistic MPG of 49 mpg, that's about 204 gallons of gas. At about $3.50 gal, that's about $715 for gas per year. Using the credit card option then, you would be applying $1430 ($715 x 2) to pay off the Elio every year. With interest -- and I'm sure Elio will be charging interest --, it seems that it would take more than 5 years to pay off a $6800 Elio. With an optimistic MPG of 84 mpg, it would take over 8 years to pay it off. Again, everyone's circumstance is different, but 5-8 years seems like a long time to be paying off a $6800 debt. On the upside, the higher your gas prices, the quicker you pay off the Elio.... Jus' sayin' o_O
The credit card option may allow a buyer to make additional payments to pay down the loan faster. Hopefully, most have larger down payments say 20% minimum to keep the loan smaller...........with repay over 2-3 years which is more realistic for a $6800 vehicle. I would assume Elio or any lending institution will require a significant downpayment.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I suspect there might be a minimum monthly payment. So that, if you didn't charge enough gas during the month, they would tack on an additional charge, to bring you in line with what it would take to fulfill your contractual obligation.
Just guessin' tho....

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect there might be a minimum monthly payment. So that, if you didn't charge enough gas during the month, they would tack on an additional charge, to bring you in line with what it would take to fulfill your contractual obligation.
Just guessin' tho....
I think that was mentioned sometime in the past. Just not sure where or when but I think it was one of the "official" statements. But then I could also be wrong. Especially at this time on a hot night. LOL :-) Z

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read through most of the 'agreement' on the reservation page. It clearly states the price is NOT guaranteed. Being that there is only one plant I'm also wondering what my delivery charges will be? I'm sold on the $6800 price tag but I'm concerned I'll be at $10k by the time I get it to my driveway here in Florida. I know $6800 is the base price so I'm wondering what model are we watching and seeing in all the ads and tours? I'm going conservative on my reservation money for these reasons. Anyone else have any concerns about surprise charges (kind of like other car dealers)?

No, JJ. No concerns.

According to the most recent "Town Hall Meeting," as reported by Goofyone, the most current figures on cost of the Elio is actually about $7200 dollars, as projected by Paul Elio himself in that "meeting."

But they are bringing that down as we speak and are doing everything possible to keep it at the original target price of $6800, depending on the number of "options" that the buyer adds to the car at time of purchase.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read through most of the 'agreement' on the reservation page. It clearly states the price is NOT guaranteed. Being that there is only one plant I'm also wondering what my delivery charges will be? I'm sold on the $6800 price tag but I'm concerned I'll be at $10k by the time I get it to my driveway here in Florida. I know $6800 is the base price so I'm wondering what model are we watching and seeing in all the ads and tours? I'm going conservative on my reservation money for these reasons. Anyone else have any concerns about surprise charges (kind of like other car dealers)?

Sorry JJ. Please excuse my manners; I keep forgetting to WELCOME all you "new" folks when you first join our Elio Family Forum.

So, WELCOME ABOARD, my friend! It's wonderful to have you as a member of our group, and Ilook forward to reading your posts on here!

Top Bottom