• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Transmission

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And here is one on the swift
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/auto-insight/automatic-manual-transmissions-explained/17925/

This is what I think.

The standard manual trans. will have a clutch pedal and a shifter.

The optional trans. will be the same gear box, controlled by a stand alone computer and actuator components bolted to the trans. No clutch pedal, and a shifter that will probably look like an automatic shifter.

So there you go.
Yep I think I read this. This is right.
MK

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is pretty much how the transmission in my Ford works 6 speed you can just stick it in drive and go or shift to S then use the electric button to shift up and down at will.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How Aisin describes their Automated Manual Transmission:

index_ol_img_drp_ot05.jpg

Automated manual transmission

Easy Drive of Automatic Shifting is Achieved by an Add-on System to MT
  • In addition of a conventional Easy mode (E mode) focused on smooth shifting, Sporty mode (Es mode) focusing on response is added to satisfy both “fuel economy” requirements and improvement of “drivability” demands

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One question.. If the Elio is to be "all american made" it would seem that the transmission would be in use at this time by another auto manufacturer. I have never seen such a transmission although I am not the "all knowing type."
Just wandering that is.

Aisin, the manufacturer of the Elio transmission, is a North American supplier. One of their plants is in Crothersville, Indiana.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saw on line today that only manual transmission will be available. What happened to the $1000 automatic?
That is what EM calls the MMT OR AMT it is manual in the sense the computer shifts the gears at the optimal time. When the driver uses the clutch and shifts the gears they call it standard. Volvo calls their version "geartronic".

Top Bottom