• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Triple "e"?

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are lots of us that want to pick our Elios up at the factory, and drive hundreds, if not thousands of miles home in an untested vehicle. The members of this forum are "peppered" across the country. What if we started our own support network for Elio brothers and sisters travaling cross country in their new Elios? instead of AAA, we could be EEE! I'm not talking about putting like minded strangers up for the night in your home (totally up to you), just using your local knowledge to help someone out. For instance, I have a friend that drives a tow truck. He doesn't own the company, so he has to charge, but if I called him for you, you would not be overcharge, and you would be with a safe individual. Also, if say you broke down at exit XXX, I would recommend getting 10 more miles up the interstate to exit YYY to get to a much safer area. Locals know where to eat, sleep, get your car fixed, and so on. Mod. staff, can you figure out a way to do this? We only have a year or so to figure this out.LOL:)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are lots of us that want to pick our Elios up at the factory, and drive hundreds, if not thousands of miles home in an untested vehicle. The members of this forum are "peppered" across the country. What if we started our own support network for Elio brothers and sisters travaling cross country in their new Elios? instead of AAA, we could be EEE! I'm not talking about putting like minded strangers up for the night in your home (totally up to you), just using your local knowledge to help someone out. For instance, I have a friend that drives a tow truck. He doesn't own the company, so he has to charge, but if I called him for you, you would not be overcharge, and you would be with a safe individual. Also, if say you broke down at exit XXX, I would recommend getting 10 more miles up the interstate to exit YYY to get to a much safer area. Locals know where to eat, sleep, get your car fixed, and so on. Mod. staff, can you figure out a way to do this? We only have a year or so to figure this out.LOL:)
No matter where we go or what we do, networking is the best way to make faster and better progress. This is a great idea. :-) Z

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Gold Wing Road Riders has a program like you stated, and publishes a book of all members that offer some sort of service/help needed.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, The BMW (Motorcycles of America) MOA has a similar book. Its called the BMW owners "Anonymous" book. It lists anyone interested in participating across America with owner contacts that are willing to help at various levels. From emergency help, area guidance, shelter, parts, tow, meals, or just a similar interest conversation. A nice thing to have since like Elio, BMW Motorcycle service locations are VERY rare! Most states have NO service areas, yet like Elio the do well selling and supporting the product with a loyal following. I do like the idea of an Elio Owners "Support Network" type book or document.
You're the second person to mention a book. What is this? 1995? We are all on the cutting edge of the future of personal transportation. Surely we can do better than a book! #61 (you're awesome. #61, really?!?!). We need something like e-mail alerts, or automated cell calls sent to you from staff members. If there was some way to prove we were in trouble, I wouldn't care one bit to try and help anyone one this forum. Like I said, we have a year (or so) to figure out how to do this. Maybe a registery that only the staff has access too? They would know who contated who, and for what reason. Kind of a safety net to protect the willing helper from any type of fraud. Any thoughts?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're the second person to mention a book. What is this? 1995? We are all on the cutting edge of the future of personal transportation. Surely we can do better than a book! #61 (you're awesome. #61, really?!?!). We need something like e-mail alerts, or automated cell calls sent to you from staff members. If there was some way to prove we were in trouble, I wouldn't care one bit to try and help anyone one this forum. Like I said, we have a year (or so) to figure out how to do this. Maybe a registery that only the staff has access too? They would know who contated who, and for what reason. Kind of a safety net to protect the willing helper from any type of fraud. Any thoughts?
This is exactly where originality comes into the picture. Sounds like the beginning of a workable plan. Don't stop now, you're on a roll! :-) Z

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly where originality comes into the picture. Sounds like the beginning of a workable plan. Don't stop now, you're on a roll! :) Z
Wish I could Z. It would take someone much smarter than I to start such a program. Goofyone has seen the idea, and he may run with it. Couldn't think of a much better choice to try and develop such a thing. It's easy to defend/develop a good idea, quite another to come up with a plan to get it going. I'm just to "tech ignorant" to do anything about it. Goofyone, if you can do something like this, maybe call it "The DWR Protection Plan"? LOL:rolleyes:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wish I could Z. It would take someone much smarter than I to start such a program. Goofyone has seen the idea, and he may run with it. Couldn't think of a much better choice to try and develop such a thing. It's easy to defend/develop a good idea, quite another to come up with a plan to get it going. I'm just to "tech ignorant" to do anything about it. Goofyone, if you can do something like this, maybe call it "The DWR Protection Plan"? LOL:rolleyes:
What we need to do is get some of the older tech guys involved since they are likely retired and have more time. I love our support staff but also realize they have jobs and businesses that keep them very busy in addition to this forum. Of course if they are willing and have the time, they have my support 100%. :-) Z

Kewaneh

Elio Fan
Reaction score
ST-Owners.com has a similar list for those registered on the site. The site is a forum similar to this one, primarily for Honda ST1100 & ST1300 owners, but other riders are welcome. Anyone who's interested in helping other riders (if necessary) puts their name on the list, with their location, contact info, and any services they're able to provide (trailering, tire repair, lodging, a shoulder to cry on, etc.)

Many of us are long-distance riders (500-1000 mile days) and that list has provided help to many. Housekeeping is done yearly at the first of the year (in the middle of the non-riding season) where the list is purged and everyone adds their name to the list again. This ensures that all of the names, contact info, and locations are current.

Being stranded with no help sucks. Being stranded with a list of help that you may not be able to rely on could be worse. An up-to-date, location based list of other enthusiasts (Elio or otherwise) can be a Godsend.

Top Bottom