• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Triple "e"?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt I would call and or rely on a stranger......fellow Elio owner or not.........to help me out in an emergency situation..........when a certified AAA contractor is a call away. It is a trust factor.......and frankly, I don't have total trust in AAA service providers. I may simply fear for my safety based on who may show up providing I fully understand the EEE concept. With that said I may just be a candy ass. If Goofyone certifies every EEE member on the list..............I'm all in.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I doubt I would call and or rely on a stranger......fellow Elio owner or not.........to help me out in an emergency situation..........when a certified AAA contractor is a call away. It is a trust factor.......and frankly, I don't have total trust in AAA service providers. I may simply fear for my safety based on who may show up providing I fully understand the EEE concept. With that said I may just be a candy ass. If Goofyone certifies every EEE member on the list..............I'm all in.

I'm not so worried about having to trust who shows up, I carry a .45.... ;):D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would view EEE as my first go to, depending on the situation, if for no other reason, EEE would hopefully connect you with someone local who would have fairly extensive LOCAL knowledge. AAA is not likely to know Fred's brother-in-law, the local tractor mechanic who can, and would be willing to, fix ANYTHING with bailing wire, duct tape, and WD-40, at 2 AM, just because Fred asked him to! Nor will AAA likely know the best BBQ spot in town, nor the hotels to avoid cuz the "crack ho's" are plying their trade all night there. :eek:

EEE could also be an excellent way to make new friends when traveling all around this country, if not the world!

Would I thumb my nose at AAA because I knew about EEE? Not hardly! There may not be an EEE member within 100 miles of your location! I would simply consider EEE another option. Never in my life have I ever complained about having TOO MANY options!!!! :D
I'm afraid the crack-ho's pimp may be an Elio Owner on the EEE list. The idea of crack-ho's, Fred the pimp, and the local tractor mechanic that may work at Pep Boys part time scares me..........with bailing wire and duct tape at their disposal. I watch too much TV. I would like to meet future Elio owners........but on an Elio Run or at a Regional Rally. Friends first and then mutual calls for assistance if or when an emergency situation arises.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
All jokes aside, as an ex-traveling salesman, with over 2 million miles, in 17 years on the road, all of it done before anyone but doctors owned a cell phone, I had to put my well being in the hands of COMPLETE strangers on numerous occasions. Maybe the good Lord was my co-pilot, and yes, times were much simpler then, but never once was a stranger anything but wonderful to me. Granted, I'm a 6' 2" male, and weigh 230+, so no one interested in abducting a sweet young lady would likely stop for me. But, to this day, I am still working to pay off all the good deeds extended to me by strangers whilst on the road, by trying to help other travelers in need. I'd also like to think it's "good karma" that my kids might "inherit" in their travels as well.

I have dealt with a lot of "on-line communities", and I think that if someone is interested enough to put their name on a list to help other folks, it's a 99.99% probability that they are good people. I'd not give a second's thought for asking for help from ANYONE on this forum, NOR would I even begin to NOT render aid, if ANY of you were within 100+ miles of me!!!

In the unlikely event that they ARE one of the bad .01%, well, I will still have that .45 close at hand! :D

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like this idea. Maybe someone with the technical savvy can start a website where everyone can log in with their name, address and phone number. However it will need some serious encryption before I'll be willing to put anything on there for obvious reasons. Too many wacko's out there.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All jokes aside, as an ex-traveling salesman, with over 2 million miles, in 17 years on the road, all of it done before anyone but doctors owned a cell phone, I had to put my well being in the hands of COMPLETE strangers on numerous occasions. Maybe the good Lord was my co-pilot, and yes, times were much simpler then, but never once was a stranger anything but wonderful to me. Granted, I'm a 6' 2" male, and weigh 230+, so no one interested in abducting a sweet young lady would likely stop for me. But, to this day, I am still working to pay off all the good deeds extended to me by strangers whilst on the road, by trying to help other travelers in need. I'd also like to think it's "good karma" that my kids might "inherit" in their travels as well.

I have dealt with a lot of "on-line communities", and I think that if someone is interested enough to put their name on a list to help other folks, it's a 99.99% probability that they are good people. I'd not give a second's thought for asking for help from ANYONE on this forum, NOR would I even begin to NOT render aid, if ANY of you were within 100+ miles of me!!!

In the unlikely event that they ARE one of the bad .01%, well, I will still have that .45 close at hand! :D
I'm old but so good looking I worry about some sweet young women stopping, providing assistance and abducting me......or even worse yet carjacking my Elio with the aid of her .45. All jokes aside, I seriously worry about the need for a .45...............which reinforces my point of personal safety. Quote Mark Ambrose: "Too many wacko's out there."

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm old but so good looking I worry about some sweet young women stopping, providing assistance and abducting me......or even worse yet carjacking my Elio with the aid of her .45. All jokes aside, I seriously worry about the need for a .45...............which reinforces my point of personal safety. Quote Mark Ambrose: "Too many wacko's out there."

In that case, it would be my recommendation that you neither offer help, nor avail yourself of help, on the EEE, should it ever come to fruition, and the need ever arise. You'll sleep better at night.

I, on the other hand, would would relish the opportunity to render aid to a fellow Elio-ite, if ever I could be of service. I choose not to fear the unknown, and expect the best from my fellow human beings, though I try not to be foolish in my expectations.

Top Bottom