• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Triple "e"?

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In the realm of the British car enthusiast world, there is a site that posts fellow Brit car owners assistance in the form of a list of individuals (just like what is proposed here) in a state by state/city by city list so if you are planning a trip driving your pride and joy, and she breaks down you have a "friend" to call in case. This list comprises people who not only offer help or roadside assistance but also parts, tools, food and shelter. So YES, there are decent people left in the world and if this vehicle takes off and starts it's own "revolution" then maybe we should start one!

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a great idea. I recall seeing the "pin" map that resulted from the Elio reservation survey and how spread out we all are across the country. What might be a good idea is a website dedicated to Elio owners only where they could publish there name, address, and phone numbers for another traveling Elio owner to reference when on the road in case a problem arises. Thoughts?
Here is an idea.
Google: Motorcycle Travel Network
See what Christi & Scott Reynolds started several years ago. This might give some ideas of things to look at.

I'm not fond of the idea of staying in someones home, but plan to camp in my travels, maybe camp in a fellow Elio owners back yard, with bath room privileges and just visit/travel around the area with your host as a guide, for a day or so. Look at some of the topics they list and regulations they have set forth. Getting to know other owners as we travel the country would be a treat in itself.

I ran across this site several years but did not join as I live in an apartment and could not reciprocate.

Read some of their feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the EEElio idea and even though AAAlio doesn't look or sound as good.....it seems to be a safer and more reliable option.
That may be true, BUT for many of us, the $6800.00 price was one of the major factors for our intrest in the Elio. AAA is not free, and I ain't payin for it! I will just continue to take my chances on my own as I always have if EEE never happens. I'll admit I'm a cheapskate, but would say many of the other members here are.....umm.....frugal (that doesn't sound nearly as bad as "cheapskate. LOL).;)

AncientOne

Elio Fan
Reaction score
There are lots of us that want to pick our Elios up at the factory, and drive hundreds, if not thousands of miles home in an untested vehicle. The members of this forum are "peppered" across the country. What if we started our own support network for Elio brothers and sisters travaling cross country in their new Elios? instead of AAA, we could be EEE! I'm not talking about putting like minded strangers up for the night in your home (totally up to you), just using your local knowledge to help someone out. For instance, I have a friend that drives a tow truck. He doesn't own the company, so he has to charge, but if I called him for you, you would not be overcharge, and you would be with a safe individual. Also, if say you broke down at exit XXX, I would recommend getting 10 more miles up the interstate to exit YYY to get to a much safer area. Locals know where to eat, sleep, get your car fixed, and so on. Mod. staff, can you figure out a way to do this? We only have a year or so to figure this out.LOL:)

After reading the "thread" I see many great ideas. One used awhile back for a group converging on Baltimore from various cities throughout the US was: Each person created a new email account on some free service; all the email addresses were collected and listed and given to all users; most folks had the ability to have their emails forwarded to their phones. As folks traveled they were able to notify everyone of traffic issues or that someone had broken down at such and such a place and needed assistance or some folks were very lost etc. Once the convention was over most folks just deleted their accounts. Just a thought.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have added a third ramp to my car trailer. For the Elio and a 3 wheel farmall tractor. Would be willing to give assistance to anyone near Knoxville should the case arise. Anything man made will eventually break down. The question is when. Hopefully that will be many years down the road with the Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In that case, it would be my recommendation that you neither offer help, nor avail yourself of help, on the EEE, should it ever come to fruition, and the need ever arise. You'll sleep better at night.

I, on the other hand, would would relish the opportunity to render aid to a fellow Elio-ite, if ever I could be of service. I choose not to fear the unknown, and expect the best from my fellow human beings, though I try not to be foolish in my expectations.
Yes, I'll stick with AAA. Even though I won't put my name on a list, I am compelled to offer help when I see the need.......in what I consider to be safe surroundings. Also, I am not compelled to carry a .45 while doing so........which is perhaps why I am a little more 'gun shy' of the EEE concept. However, It will be a good option for many trusting Elio owner's if it ever comes to fruition.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone could establish an account with WAZE and use the ID Elioxxxx. I checked today and there are many established at this time, mine included.:D

Okay so its an app :-) I downloaded and signed up, will take me a bit to get the hang of how to use but it looks interesting people can advise of cops ahead LOL

I'm Elio4852 btw

Top Bottom