• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trolls

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I came here to learn more about the Elio. Hung out in some other venues as well. The trolls made them not worth the time to go there anymore. Some are arriving here some have been here for a while. There is a difference between a friendly conversation and being bellowed at.

Happy Holidays to all of you.
Is it possible when trolls post a tread, to hijack the thread and change the subject to something else, thus denying them satisfaction?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible when trolls post a tread, to hijack the thread and change the subject to something else, thus denying them satisfaction?
I like to think they are seeing this starting to get dangerously close to reality. The closer Elio gets to completion the more this type of gorilla troll attacking will be. Sadly we will need to deal with it or ignore it the best we can. Just wait until the Elio is on the road! I forecast just like any iPhone or gadget release everyone will be Searching for a reason to say its bad and I told you so. It never ends. Its the circle of stupidity.

There will always be people trying to get their jollies stirring up trouble especially on the internet where the relative anonymity causes people to behave in ways they would not if everyone was sitting face to face. The trolling issue will definitely get worse before it gets better however it will cool down eventually once these vehicles have been rolling off the line for a bit.

The best idea is simply not to give them the pleasure of succeeding in their efforts by ignoring them and/or policing ourselves and keeping discussions civil without resorting to name calling or personal attacks.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love trolls and naysayers. It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that we have all these guys who are so willing to invest so much of their own time and energy to look out for our best interests. I guess they get that same feeling in the satisfaction of knowing they're doing a public service. And besides that is just that many more people I can tell to jump up and kiss my ass when the time comes.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This about covers it:

upload_2014-12-27_16-57-48.jpeg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope the administrators will disable posting rights of trolls if things do become bad enough?
IMO there is no need for censorship _ It all will even itself out. They get tired, and we stop replying will help reduce the "clutter", For me, I love reading them, it's like driving past a crash and trying not to look!!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO there is no need for censorship _ It all will even itself out. They get tired, and we stop replying will help reduce the "clutter", For me, I love reading them, it's like driving past a crash and trying not to look!!

They are good for a laugh. Trick is, not to take what they say seriously.

Top Bottom