• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ultimate Elio

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about "if I could design my own"...what would I want?

1. CHOOSE COLOR - Vanilla Shake White, Grey, Silver, Black, Dark Maroon Red, Bright Red, Bright Blue, Burnt Orange, Lime Green, Bright Yellow
2 Optional - Pop-up Sunroof with roll up shade
3. CHOOSE FENDERS - (wheel/cover options) - Open fender with Aluminum Wheels/Closed Kamm design with plastic inserts/Closed Kamm - no insert/Closed - non Kamm/ (((others...color matched inserts, etc.)))
4. Optional - Front spoiler
5. Optional - Driving lights
6. OPTIONAL - Quick release spare tire carrier that mounts in rear wheel-well (easy install for trips)
7. CHOOSE INTERIOR - Standard dark grey cloth/Optional Black leather interior with stainless and red details (available on white, grey, silver and black)/ Optional all red interior with black dash and carpeting/Optional sport interior with textured fabric.
8. Optional - Deluxe" dash with top access glove compartment, locking compartment under shifter, clock, and stainless trim. [Similar look to the 2014 Kia Sportage]
9. Optional - Cruise Control
10. Optional - intermittent wipers
11. Optional - Deluxe exterior mirrors
12. Optional - Tech package - Vertical mounted High end radio with navigation/GPS, hands free phone, am/fm/CD, USB port, Sirius radio and weather station. Also front and rear power ports and cameras...etc.
13. Optional Floor mats - Carpet or "mud catcher" rubber.
14. Optional - Grab handles
15. Optional - Quick release trailer hitch (for trips - easy on/off or Hidden from view)
16. Optional - pop open rear windows
17. Optional - Heated seats (with leather option only)
18. CHOOSE TRANS - 5 speed/6 speed/automatic transmission
19. OPTIONAL - Limited Edition Key Fob with power locks button

I also want to see none of those cheap hood latches, better headlights (and not the lawn tractor units) and a cable door release from the back seat.

I figure all these extras would add in an additional 120 pounds...(but so would a passenger). I'd pay about $9500 to get a nicely loaded version.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about "if I could design my own"...what would I want?

1. CHOOSE COLOR - Vanilla Shake White, Grey, Silver, Black, Dark Maroon Red, Bright Red, Bright Blue, Burnt Orange, Lime Green, Bright Yellow
2 Optional - Pop-up Sunroof with roll up shade
3. CHOOSE FENDERS - (wheel/cover options) - Open fender with Aluminum Wheels/Closed Kamm design with plastic inserts/Closed Kamm - no insert/Closed - non Kamm/ (((others...color matched inserts, etc.)))
4. Optional - Front spoiler
6. OPTIONAL - Quick release spare tire carrier that mounts in rear wheel-well (easy install for trips)
7. CHOOSE INTERIOR - Standard dark grey cloth/Optional Black leather interior with stainless and red details (available on white, grey, silver and black)/ Optional all red interior with black dash and carpeting/Optional sport interior with textured fabric.
8. Optional - Deluxe" dash with top access glove compartment, locking compartment under shifter, clock, and stainless trim. [Similar look to the 2014 Kia Sportage]
12. Optional - Tech package - Vertical mounted High end radio with navigation/GPS, hands free phone, am/fm/CD, USB port, Sirius radio and weather station. Also front and rear power ports and cameras...etc.
13. Optional Floor mats - Carpet or "mud catcher" rubber.
14. Optional - Grab handles
15. Optional - Quick release trailer hitch (for trips - easy on/off or Hidden from view)
18. CHOOSE TRANS - 5 speed/6 speed/automatic transmission
19. OPTIONAL - Limited Edition Key Fob with power locks button

I also want to see none of those cheap hood latches, better headlights (and not the lawn tractor units) and a cable door release from the back seat.

I figure all these extras would add in an additional 120 pounds...(but so would a passenger). I'd pay about $9500 to get a nicely loaded version.
I think you about covered it for everyone. but I gotta have creamsicle

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. CHOOSE COLOR - Dark Maroon Red or Burnt Orange
3. CHOOSE FENDERS - Closed Kamm design with color matched inserts
4. Optional- AC power adapter
7. CHOOSE INTERIOR - Optional Black leather interior, Optional all red interior with black dash and carpeting/Optional sport interior with textured fabric.
8. Optional - Deluxe" dash with top access glove compartment, locking compartment under shifter, clock, and stainless trim.
I will probably stick with basic tech as I can upgrade the head unit to what I like and I much prefer to have a separate gps unit
13. Optional rubber Floor mats
15. Optional - trailer hitch
18. CHOOSE TRANS - 5 speed manual

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what the regulations might be regarding window tint? Here in MN there are no regulations regarding tint on a motorcycle windscreen or helmet shield, even at night. But we do have pretty strict restrictions on window tint for cars. So where would the Elio fall? It's a motorcycle.
I'm wondering because I want a licorice Elio, 20% tint on the side and back glass. Maybe even more in back as I imagine the lights of cars behind at night will be right in my mirrors due to the low ride height. Lights and sunshine bother my eyes, I always wear sunglasses but like tint at night, for keeping the interior cooler, and well, it looks good on dark colors. Maybe throw some flat black stripes on it.... stealth baby!
Regs for cars here is 50% which makes tint pointless. 50% doesn't help at all.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what the regulations might be regarding window tint? Here in MN there are no regulations regarding tint on a motorcycle windscreen or helmet shield, even at night. But we do have pretty strict restrictions on window tint for cars. So where would the Elio fall? It's a motorcycle.
I'm wondering because I want a licorice Elio, 20% tint on the side and back glass. Maybe even more in back as I imagine the lights of cars behind at night will be right in my mirrors due to the low ride height. Lights and sunshine bother my eyes, I always wear sunglasses but like tint at night, for keeping the interior cooler, and well, it looks good on dark colors. Maybe throw some flat black stripes on it.... stealth baby!
Regs for cars here is 50% which makes tint pointless. 50% doesn't help at all.

Looks like you answered your own question. As far as I know, I've never even heard of tint regulations for motorcycles so in any state where the Elio is a motorcycle, the tint is legal as far as I'm concerned. Might not want to overdo it so you don't get pulled over all the time but it should be perfectly legal as long as your registration card says that it's a motorcycle

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as the extra $2,700.00 is paid to a third party auto parts store that’s ok by me.
IMO. The only option parts the company should keep on hand are the fenders, and transmission.
Every thing else would cause an undo burden on the very people the company is trying to help, by increasing the base price of the car to cover the cost of all the parts setting in a warehouse waiting to be purchased by people who just happen to have some disposable income. JMO No, I’m not an altruist.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a rear spoiler with a brake light? The Honda Goldwing rear wing wuld work I'm thinking...

Top Bottom