• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ultimate Elio

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let's hope this holds true about the CC

Rear venting to improve flow thru ventilation, improved interior finish and seating, shrouding the front of the CV joints to prevent damage from road crud, adding a rear hatch for access/ stowage, and possibly venting rear side windows or other alternative venting. Cruise control is anticipated to be included at the target price if possible. Planned accessories include a trailer hitch for towing very small trailers, luggage/ski racks, a moon roof, the typical assortment of radio/entertainment options, and possibly an automatic transmission. All in all a great little vehicle I plan to reserve one and check out the trailer hitch option I’ve got the perfect small motorcycle trailer I can stow a spare tire on and camping gear in for long trips.

http://www.elioclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=187&p=447&hilit=cruise+control#p447

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only way I would go for a boat load of company options is if EM orders each required part from the manufacturer or third party store, after it has been ordered and paid for by the customer. This is called just in time warehousing, no carrying cost. If you have to wait a little longer, that’s part of the game.
IIRC, the Elio website mentions 'next-day' delivery if/when you purchase at the store. I would think that should fit just-in-time delivery very well.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Window tint will follow automotive regs. If you don't need an MC license and helmet, you don't get the MC tint regs.
Boiled down, tint regs are for civil servant safety. They can easily see you reaching for a weapon on a motorcycle, not so much in a car, or an Elio.
Not to get too off topic but that is ridiculous and a worthless cop out. SUV's, Mini Vans and other vehicles classified as 'trucks' are allowed to have Limo tint on all windows but the front windows in this state. What does that do for a cop pulling up behind someone? They still can't see them until they are on top of them! In other states where very dark tint is legal I'd bet my bottom dollar you don't have any more violence against civil servants than you do in other states.

Time to see if I can get a medical exemption maybe. Bright days and snow like today seriously give me a splitting headache.

minndave13

Reaction score
I'll take mine with Cruise Control, intermittent wipers, and a trailer hitch please. I want a red one with a 5 speed transmission. And since I live in a "helmets required" state then I will tint the windows myself (maybe I'll tent mirrored so people will wonder, lol). As for other upgrades, I'll do them myself. Give me the basic's, the rest I can put on later if I like.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just want Cruse control and manual trans. I would have liked a screen unit like the Dodge Dart. But judging from the dash looks as if it wouldn't fit its no real loss as my smartphone can do everything the screen would do and I already own it so no additional cost. Wouldn't Intermittent wipers be standard?
2013_dodge_dart_cc_lt_311131_600.jpg

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about "if I could design my own"...what would I want?

1. CHOOSE COLOR - Vanilla Shake White, Grey, Silver, Black, Dark Maroon Red, Bright Red, Bright Blue, Burnt Orange, Lime Green, Bright Yellow
2 Optional - Pop-up Sunroof with roll up shade
3. CHOOSE FENDERS - (wheel/cover options) - Open fender with Aluminum Wheels/Closed Kamm design with plastic inserts/Closed Kamm - no insert/Closed - non Kamm/ (((others...color matched inserts, etc.)))
4. Optional - Front spoiler
5. Optional - Driving lights
6. OPTIONAL - Quick release spare tire carrier that mounts in rear wheel-well (easy install for trips)
7. CHOOSE INTERIOR - Standard dark grey cloth/Optional Black leather interior with stainless and red details (available on white, grey, silver and black)/ Optional all red interior with black dash and carpeting/Optional sport interior with textured fabric.
8. Optional - Deluxe" dash with top access glove compartment, locking compartment under shifter, clock, and stainless trim. [Similar look to the 2014 Kia Sportage]
9. Optional - Cruise Control
10. Optional - intermittent wipers
11. Optional - Deluxe exterior mirrors
12. Optional - Tech package - Vertical mounted High end radio with navigation/GPS, hands free phone, am/fm/CD, USB port, Sirius radio and weather station. Also front and rear power ports and cameras...etc.
13. Optional Floor mats - Carpet or "mud catcher" rubber.
14. Optional - Grab handles
15. Optional - Quick release trailer hitch (for trips - easy on/off or Hidden from view)
16. Optional - pop open rear windows
17. Optional - Heated seats (with leather option only)
18. CHOOSE TRANS - 5 speed/6 speed/automatic transmission
19. OPTIONAL - Limited Edition Key Fob with power locks button

I also want to see none of those cheap hood latches, better headlights (and not the lawn tractor units) and a cable door release from the back seat.

I figure all these extras would add in an additional 120 pounds...(but so would a passenger). I'd pay about $9500 to get a nicely loaded version.
Yes to cruise control , color selection absolutely, give me a place to secure my 7" tablet and I'll have all the Nav/music/weather, apps..rear and/or front spoiler , rear view camera. pop open rear windows, okay. Id be happy with all that.

Frank Smith

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I just want Cruse control and manual trans. I would have liked a screen unit like the Dodge Dart. But judging from the dash looks as if it wouldn't fit its no real loss as my smartphone can do everything the screen would do and I already own it so no additional cost. Wouldn't Intermittent wipers be standard?
2013_dodge_dart_cc_lt_311131_600.jpg
The dash you see is not the dash you are going to get. The final dash will be different.

Top Bottom