• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ultimate Elio

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Factory options should be limited to the automatic transmission and cruise control. Everything else should come from the after market folks.

Why should they be limited? Offering lots of options is a darn good way for the company to make a profit and still keep the base price low.

Reactions: JP

RBuck

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The list options from the store:
"And make sure you check out the walls surrounding the showroom. They are going to be covered with available options for your new Elio. These will include cruise control, a stereo upgrade, navigation system a blue-tooth steering wheel and leather seating.

On the outside, you can personalize your Elio with a Wrap, custom wheels and fenders, sunroofs and glass roofs. Our suppliers and partners are putting together lists of items to choose from, so stay tuned for future announcements about available options."

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been thinking about "if I could design my own"...what would I want?

1. CHOOSE COLOR - Vanilla Shake White, Grey, Silver, Black, Dark Maroon Red, Bright Red, Bright Blue, Burnt Orange, Lime Green, Bright Yellow
2 Optional - Pop-up Sunroof with roll up shade
3. CHOOSE FENDERS - (wheel/cover options) - Open fender with Aluminum Wheels/Closed Kamm design with plastic inserts/Closed Kamm - no insert/Closed - non Kamm/ (((others...color matched inserts, etc.)))
4. Optional - Front spoiler
5. Optional - Driving lights
6. OPTIONAL - Quick release spare tire carrier that mounts in rear wheel-well (easy install for trips)
7. CHOOSE INTERIOR - Standard dark grey cloth/Optional Black leather interior with stainless and red details (available on white, grey, silver and black)/ Optional all red interior with black dash and carpeting/Optional sport interior with textured fabric.
8. Optional - Deluxe" dash with top access glove compartment, locking compartment under shifter, clock, and stainless trim. [Similar look to the 2014 Kia Sportage]
9. Optional - Cruise Control
10. Optional - intermittent wipers
11. Optional - Deluxe exterior mirrors
12. Optional - Tech package - Vertical mounted High end radio with navigation/GPS, hands free phone, am/fm/CD, USB port, Sirius radio and weather station. Also front and rear power ports and cameras...etc.
13. Optional Floor mats - Carpet or "mud catcher" rubber.
14. Optional - Grab handles
15. Optional - Quick release trailer hitch (for trips - easy on/off or Hidden from view)
16. Optional - pop open rear windows
17. Optional - Heated seats (with leather option only)
18. CHOOSE TRANS - 5 speed/6 speed/automatic transmission
19. OPTIONAL - Limited Edition Key Fob with power locks button

I also want to see none of those cheap hood latches, better headlights (and not the lawn tractor units) and a cable door release from the back seat.

I figure all these extras would add in an additional 120 pounds...(but so would a passenger). I'd pay about $9500 to get a nicely loaded version.
I like your list of options, I think that I will go with #9 and #10 with the manual trans. for my first Elio, the maybe I add some more options on the second one. The main thing is that I get an Elio.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not standard. At the Elio Store, under Personalization, lists CC as one of several options.
Just looked, you are correct.

IMO. The base price of $6,800.00 is All BS. Who in the world buys a long distance commuter car with no cruise.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why should they be limited? Offering lots of options is a darn good way for the company to make a profit and still keep the base price low.

The only way I would go for a boat load of company options is if EM orders each required part from the manufacturer or third party store, after it has been ordered and paid for by the customer. This is called just in time warehousing, no carrying cost. If you have to wait a little longer, that’s part of the game.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is they'll offer a 'sport' or 'limited edition' version which will include a good portion of the popular factory options. They'll make bank on the optioned models, and my guess is they'd sell more of the optioned models than the base model.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what the regulations might be regarding window tint? Here in MN there are no regulations regarding tint on a motorcycle windscreen or helmet shield, even at night. But we do have pretty strict restrictions on window tint for cars. So where would the Elio fall? It's a motorcycle.
I'm wondering because I want a licorice Elio, 20% tint on the side and back glass. Maybe even more in back as I imagine the lights of cars behind at night will be right in my mirrors due to the low ride height. Lights and sunshine bother my eyes, I always wear sunglasses but like tint at night, for keeping the interior cooler, and well, it looks good on dark colors. Maybe throw some flat black stripes on it.... stealth baby!
Regs for cars here is 50% which makes tint pointless. 50% doesn't help at all.

Window tint will follow automotive regs. If you don't need an MC license and helmet, you don't get the MC tint regs.
Boiled down, tint regs are for civil servant safety. They can easily see you reaching for a weapon on a motorcycle, not so much in a car, or an Elio.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is they'll offer a 'sport' or 'limited edition' version which will include a good portion of the popular factory options. They'll make bank on the optioned models, and my guess is they'd sell more of the optioned models than the base model.

Just hope they don’t package the options like the big 3. On a limited option car I hope they offer each option as a separate item.

I will not pay $2000 again for CC just because it is included in the next package up.

They need to price the car at $7000 and include the CC, or better yet, keep it at $6,800

Last edited:
Top Bottom