• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Yankees

GreatDanes

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not an artist by any means, but an Elio with mattracks on front and a ski out back aught a get a fella out to the fish shack in style!

3a3edu3a.jpg
I totally understand what you intended with your art so rest, assured that we appreciate and thank you for the inspiration! You ROCK for sharing!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought this was a fun example of a narrow two seater vehicle handling well in deep snow.

I thought the Pontiac Aztec was the only car that had the double decker car on top of car look. Man what a way to take an ugly idea and turn it into and even uglier look. LOL Sneek up on a glass of water will you.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought the Pontiac Aztec was the only car that had the double decker car on top of car look. Man what a way to take an ugly idea and turn it into and even uglier look. LOL Sneek up on a glass of water will you.
The Tango...........0-60mph in 3.2 seconds.....12.5 second quarter mile at 106.21mph..........and it plows snow! I wish I could afford one. Sweet!. The friendly styling makes me smile.....the performance factor is jaw dropping. I did not like anything about the Aztec.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Tango...........0-60mph in 3.2 seconds.....12.5 second quarter mile at 106.21mph..........and it plows snow! I wish I could afford one. Sweet!. The friendly styling makes me smile.....the performance factor is jaw dropping. I did not like anything about the Aztec.
Not impressed. Electric has always had the torque to do that. Friendly styling? I'll give good marks on stability and safety design but I cringe to see all that sculldugary driving with a car that expensive. Sounded like a cat being stung by a thousand bees as it scuttle up the hill. LOL That a few Movie stars got excited over this ugly beast aught to kind a clue you in. Of course element owners have no leg to stand on when it come to styling but even I cringe at the site of this Pontiac Aztec type creature. Hey let have an ugly contest. I rate the Aztec as number one. Do I hear a second. LOL

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not impressed. Electric has always had the torque to do that. Friendly styling? I'll give good marks on stability and safety design but I cringe to see all that sculldugary driving with a car that expensive. Sounded like a cat being stung by a thousand bees as it scuttle up the hill. LOL That a few Movie stars got excited over this ugly beast aught to kind a clue you in. Of course element owners have no leg to stand on when it come to styling but even I cringe at the site of this Pontiac Aztec type creature. Hey let have an ugly contest. I rate the Aztec as number one. Do I hear a second. LOL
Can't disagree, other than it's more of a lovable clown car than an ugly beast. Styling is a personal preference and I heard a few people making fun of my Elio's styling too...........damn them! LOL Honestly, I liked the Elio concept the first time I saw it, but wasn't excited about the styling, but it grew on me over a short time......and the friendly looking Elio and it's $6800 PEP makes me smile too!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I thought this was a fun example of a narrow two seater vehicle handling well in deep snow.

Well, very interesting. Here are my first impressions, having never seen the Tango before:
  • Looks like it's gonna tip over.
  • I want to research it more, but not for me to buy, just to learn about it. Do I want one? No.
  • I assume it's in the concept stage; those numbers the guy was spouting off, I assume were "if money was no object".
  • Sounds like it's electric, so cost is above average for a 4-door sedan. But it's too much money for the average person.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Interesting information from www.commutercars.com, on the Tango:
  • You can buy the Tango T600 right now for $200,000, *cough*, for European and "other foreign markets"
  • You can buy the Tango T600 for the U.S. and Canada (eh?) as a kit car, but WITHOUT the drivetrain and battery, which can "easily be purchased from our suppliers". The total of the kit and all other parts? $200,000.
  • Reminds me of "Clear and Present Danger", when Jack Ryan was trying to buy the Huey helicopter in the South American jungle. "How much?" "Two million dollars." "What if I wanted to take it for a test drive, can I put a deposit down? How much?" "Two million dollars." lol
  • OH! There is a way to get a discount... you put down $10,000, wait until there are 10 orders... then you put $80,000 down and they'll start that batch of 10. Cost of your one vehicle: all the way down to the low low price OF?? $160,000.
  • They've got a survey for "lower priced Tangos", and it gets very complicated at this point, so not even going there...
  • They have video of the car turning at a high speed, and staying on all 4 tires. Impressive. Fast. Costs more than my house. lol

Top Bottom