• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Yankees

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The old "jeep style" military tires ain't bad in mud, next to useless in snow/ice though.

It's not big lugs you need, but lots of smaller "biting" edges. Take a look at a dedicated snow tire like the Blizzak and you'll see what I mean.

bs_blizzak_w965_mobpdpcrop.jpg

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The old "jeep style" military tires ain't bad in mud, next to useless in snow/ice though.

It's not big lugs you need, but lots of smaller "biting" edges. Take a look at a dedicated snow tire like the Blizzak and you'll see what I mean.

bs_blizzak_w965_mobpdpcrop.jpg

Yep, All of those "sipes" make tires stick to snow and ice like a Gecko sticks to glass!

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use extra size (height) Mud/Snows on all our vehicles, even the little Versa, I don't mind the road noise as long as I know I have the best tires I can get on it, (Just put new ones on last month) and I rotate the old ones to the back, so yes, 4 wheel mud/snows. The Rogue is equipped the same, and that is the 4 wheel drive vehicle, my van (Ram CV) is another story though.
Even with better tires, my concern centers around stability of the rear tire when it is riding in several inches of snow, or worse, slush, as I am a bit concerned this could lead to a sway problem and some fishtailing, and of course the only way out of that is more power to the front wheels to pull you out of it, sometimes, with cars in front, that isn't a viable option.

Top Bottom