• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Vehicle Fleets

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The 39% comes directly from a publicly available document about our transportation initiative that started in 2009, the 32MPG comes from the official government figure for average 23 MPG in 2013 multiplied by 1.39. I did compare MPG with a Prius, but dollar wise the fuel savings really aren't that significant (under $1 million) in comparison to the vehicle purchase price difference (over $24 million).

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I made two presentations to different levels of management today and they are arranging for me to make the presentation to an executive soon. One of the managers, who commutes 700mi a week, put his money down during the presentation :) They also suggested that the company may fund production of an engine for the Elio that runs on CNG (compressed natural gas) which we have done for other models of vehicles.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I made two presentations to different levels of management today and they are arranging for me to make the presentation to an executive soon. One of the managers, who commutes 700mi a week, put his money down during the presentation :) They also suggested that the company may fund production of an engine for the Elio that runs on CNG (compressed natural gas) which we have done for other models of vehicles.
Awesome, great job. Sounds like it couldn't have gone any better.

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well done my friend. I love the part of the commuter manager put his money down on the spot.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've put a quick powerpoint on my google drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S9OMEWBpokR19Xck5yWk8xRmc/edit?usp=sharing
None of the information there is proprietary, everything was taken from public documents. I would appreciate it if someone could take a look and leave feedback before I find out how to submit this suggestion to the company.

If you wonder where my 68MPG figure comes from, MPG is calculated as 45% city driving (49MPG) and 55% highway driving (84MPG) over 15,000 miles. It works out to 68MPG for $6,800.
Like everyone else said it is good that you have kept it short and to the point. My only suggestions would be to remove the pic of the P3. There is no reason to cloud the issue with info that has no relevancy. Focus has to stay on budget and safety. If your company seriously thought of this as a viable option safety would be a large concern. A couple large lawsuits over the company's lack of fore site on safety would quickly negate the financial benefits. Push the five star safety rating and compare it to what they currently use and what they are thinking of upgrading to. Ask yourself what would you would be concerned about if this was you decision; think objectively, don't let your infatuation with the Elio cloud your judgement.

Most importantly, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like everyone else said it is good that you have kept it short and to the point. My only suggestions would be to remove the pic of the P3. There is no reason to cloud the issue with info that has no relevancy. Focus has to stay on budget and safety. If your company seriously thought of this as a viable option safety would be a large concern. A couple large lawsuits over the company's lack of fore site on safety would quickly negate the financial benefits. Push the five star safety rating and compare it to what they currently use and what they are thinking of upgrading to. Ask yourself what would you would be concerned about if this was you decision; think objectively, don't let your infatuation with the Elio cloud your judgement.

Most importantly, good luck!

I had not read all the posts before commenting. Fantastic job on your early success!

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It might also help to stress Elio Motors is an American company that will be producing a vehicle in America by American workers.
I was a franchisee for a company that really pushed American made product and I was proud of that. At the end of the day maybe only 15-20% of my clients cared. Most were more concerned with the price than quality or the fact that they were supporting American workers by buying from me. Most companies are more concerned about the bottom line. Luckily Elio presents a strong argument for that as well.

Top Bottom